15. 🚨🔑

"Persephone,.... Persephone?" I hear a voice calling me as I slowly wake.

"hey AJ, wake up. come on, get up you gotta go." The small voice said rushed. I finally come around as I feel my hands being unrestrained.

"What? What's going on?" I said groggy, as I kept turning my head back and forth trying to find out who was helping me.

I felt my hands release and I shake them out from being sore. "Come on Persephone we gotta get you out of here, I don't have a lot of time" I tried to stand but the minute I got up I instantly started to fall. I was caught by strong arms before I hit the ground, holding me up.

"Come on Seph, you can do it. Just try to keep up. I know your tired but we gotta get you outta here" I was to weak to walk on my own they took too much blood from me. I recognized the voice though as I followed their movements. Diego.

Why was he saving me though. Maybe I was right. Maybe he does feel something for me.

We both heard the alarms in the building go off. Diego began to speed up with his steps. I continued to try and keep up.

When we finally reached outside Diego immediately shoved me into a car. He put his head in the window.

"I know you don't know how to drive but your gonna have learn. You have go now. Quick!"

I started to panic "Wait!! What about you? Aren't you coming?"

He shook his head 'no' and he looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry... about everything. It all started out as just a mission but as time went by I promise you... you started to mean more to me... than I ever thought you would. I'm so sorry Persephone." He softly grabbed my head and kissed it, then he let go. "Go, now!!!" I watched as he ran back into the building. I looked back around the car already finding the keys in the ignition. I stepped on the gas and drove.

And I never turned back.

Not once.

Not even for him.