adult hide and seek

16 years ago

16 years ago

An alarm blared through the corridors of the Umbrella Academy that indicated they were needed for a mission. However, the Hargreeves children had yet to master the skill of efficiency.

"Coming through! Come on Luther!" a young Allison raced down the stairs, calling out to her brother.

"How will the Umbrella Academy ever become an effective crime deterrent if we can't even leave the house on time for missions!" Sir Reginald Hargreeves roared as he clapped his hands in an attempt to get the children out of the front door.

"Behind you!", Reginald's Number One manoeuvred around him, racing into his bedroom.

Allison ran into her room, she had everything ready but couldn't find her mask. She was rustling through her drawers when her mother walked in.

"I can't find my domino mask!" she called out to her mother.

Grace held the mask out to her daughter, "It needed a little bit of TLC after the last mission."

The young girl smiled in relief and grabbed the mask from Grace's hand, "Thanks mom!"

Grace's heels clicked on the floorboards as she walked over to the room next to Allison's. Luther was on the floor doing some last minute push-ups.

"Ready to go?"

Luther rested his body weight on one of his arms and gave his mother a thumbs up with his other hand. She smiled and turned from the room, spotting Diego sprinting across the corridor.

"Where's my knives?"

"Under you pillow dumbass!" a young Sophie called back from the end of the corridor. She had her palms face down to the ground at her sides trying to levitate herself into the air. She barely lifted herself off the ground before stumbling back onto the floorboards.

"You'll get the hang of it eventually sweetheart," her mom encouraged.

The sound of violin caught Grace's attention as she walked past Vanya's room.

"That sounds beautiful Vanya," she commented softly.

Vanya smiled, "Thanks mom".

Giggling was heard from the direction of Klaus' bedroom and Grace turned to see the boy jumping on his bed, he was laughing at the fire he had started in his drawer.

"Klaus!"

The boy stopped bouncing as he watched his mother grab a towel and snuff the small flames out.

"Thank you madre," he called out to her.

"Boys will be boys," Grace muttered to herself as she walked out of the room.

Ben came running up to Grace, he was struggling with the zipper of his suit. His mom gingerly took the zipper in his hands and fixed him up.

"Hey guys! Wait for me," Ben called out and raced down the corridor. Klaus left his own room and followed him, grabbing Sophie's hand and dragging her to the floor so that her hovering ceased to a stop.