needle in a haystack

"This is it

"This is it. He's still here. This is Five's van."

Luther had brought Diego, Sophie and Robin to the place Five had set up his stake out in front of the Meritech building. Sophie and Robin had tagged along in their search for their missing brother, in hopes that they would find Klaus wandering the streets as he hadn't been home in twenty four hours.

Sophie had started to feel vert anxious. Sure, when they were teenagers Klaus always found himself in tricky situations but he had a knack for getting himself out of them and returning with minor injuries. But this time it felt different.

Number One attempted to shake the door handle of the passenger seat but it wouldn't open. Diego shook his head at his brother's failed attempt and started to expertly pick the lock.

"Whoa you've got to teach me how to do that Uncle D!" an excited voice stated.

"Oh my god," Sophie held a hand up to her face, "We've raised a criminal."

Diego winked at his sister as he popped the door open. It worked every time.

Sophie and Robin rolled their eyes at each other as the two men tried to get into the front of the van at the same time, clashing their shoulders. They were clearly still in their power struggle that had started when they were younger.

"I'm One." Luther deadpanned, as if that one fact alone gave him all the privilege in the world, and proceeded to sit in the front seat.

Diego popped the lock of the back door and slid it open, gesturing for the two girls to climb in before he did the same and shut the door behind him.

The quartet began to rustle around in the van, trying to find anything that would give them a lead as to where Five was.

Robin found a tattered copy of the autobiography her Auntie Vanya had written and opened it. She quickly ran her eyes along the scribbles in the book, absorbing all the equations that were written in the margins and in between the lines of text. Her Uncle Five was a genius, but Robin also had an extremely smart brain and when it came to quantum physics she knew a lot more than the average student.

Diego looked over his niece's shoulder and pointed at a stamp on the bottom of the front page. The pair looked at each other in understanding and whistled at the same time.

Sophie looked up at the pair from her place at the very back of the van and Luther turned from his position in the driver's seat.

"We know where to find Five," the knife thrower and the speedster exclaimed in unison.

The four members of the Hargreeves family rushed out of the van and ran back to Diego's car, speeding to the library.

-

Walking through the front door of the busy building, the three adults craned their necks to survey the numerous floors of the library whilst the teen girl walked over to the section of the library that had computers.