all along it was a fever

Diego Hargreeves stormed into the room with his sister, Sophie, hot on his heels

"Piece of shit!". In the car ride home, it seems Diego had turned his sorrows into anger and was now feeling particularly vengeful.

"Do you have any idea what you just did?" Diego was furious. He advanced towards Five who sat on the bed but Luther blocked his path.

"Nope, let me-. Get you ape hands off of me!" The man started to hit his brother in an attempt to reach the boy.

Sophie made a move towards Five but Luther place a threatening hand on her shoulder, stopping her from advancing towards Five.

"I will burn you," the woman looked Luther dead in the eyes. He removed his hand and Sophie continued to sit next to Five silently checking if he was okay after his drunken episode last night, however she was still slightly mad at him. Her daughter and Klaus were in danger due to Five's past as an assassin.

"I can do this as long as it takes you to calm down." Luther kept his hold on Diego.

"Fine."

Luther placed him back on the ground.

"Now, wanna tell us what you're talking about?"

Diego stared Five dead in the eyes, "Our brothers been pretty busy since he got back. He was on the middle of that shootout at Griddy's which put our niece in danger, and then again at Gimble Brothers when the guys at the Academy came looking for him." Diego pointed an accusing finger at Five.

"None of which is any of your concern."

"It is now. They just killed my friend," Diego seethed.

"Not to mention kidnap Klaus and put my daughter in harms way when she thought it would be a good idea to go rescue him herself," Sophie sarcastically muttered from her position beside Five. 

Five glanced at his sister and she could've sworn she saw guilt flash across his face as he gave her hand a quick squeeze. He was sorry.

"Who are they Five?" Luther asked.

"They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler, she sent them here after me and as soon as Diego's friend got in the way, well fair game."

"Oh yeah? Well now they're my fair game and I'm going to see to it they pay," Diego made a move to leave the room.

"That would be a mistake Diego, they've killed people far more dangerous than you," Five warned.

"Yeah we'll see about that," the man paused at the door and turned towards his sister, "You coming?"

"Hell yeah, I've got a daughter and a Klaus to look for," Sophie stood up from her position beside Five and followed her brother out of the room.

"Be—," the door slammed, "careful," Luther sighed to himself.

-

The bus creaked to a halt as two battered and bruised people shakily left the vehicle.