the wild goose chase

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record," Diego turned off the ignition of the car, "we've just got to get our hands on his file

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record," Diego turned off the ignition of the car, "we've just got to get our hands on his file."

"And your plan is to just what, waltz in there and ask for it?" Allison questioned. This could've been their dumbest idea up to date.

"I know this station like the back of my hands, I've spent a lot of time inside," Diego turned to address his sisters in the back seat.

"Well then I hope the file is locked in a jail cell because you're familiar with that scenario," Sophie rolled her eyes at him. Her brother was right, he had spent lots of time in the building but it wasn't where the detectives worked.

"Whatever, here's the plan-," the man was cut off as Five discredited his upcoming suggestion.

"Plan? I could just blink in and get the file."

"No that's not- you don't know the ins and outs of this place okay?"

"I literally just did this yesterday, well my yesterday not your yesterday."

A groan came from the backseat, "God this time travel stuff gives me a headache," Sophie rubbed her temples. In less than 7 days her steady routine and semi-normal life had been erased and her frantic childhood had taken over once more, but this time a foreign concept of time and space was involved and she had to make sure her daughter was constantly as far away from danger as humanly possible. It was not easy on her mental state.

"It'll take me two seconds," Five continued his plan.

"You," Diego emphasised, "are not going in there, I made a call because that's what a leader does, he leads."

"You did not just say that, uh oh, guess I'm going to have to snitch to Luther," Sophie joked, wiggling her eyebrows at Diego who was watching her in the rearview mirror.

"You wouldn't dare," Diego said as he walked out of the car.

"Oh but she would," Allison muttered to herself as she watched her brother walk down an alley. If her sister was told not to do something, she would most likely do it just out of spite. Unless it was harmful and dangerous of course.

The car was silent as the siblings waited for Diego to follow through with his plan. The only noise that was made was either a shout of glee or a groan as the two sisters silently played rock paper scissors.

"I am so bored," Sophie flopped back in her seat as she lost for the fourth time in a row.

"No, you're just a sore loser," Five exclaimed from the front.

Sophie jerked forward and poked her head through the gap between the two front seats, "Say that to my face short stack."

"You're a sore-," Five stopped his sentence as Allison got out of the car and proceeded to make a call on a nearby payphone.