ain't no party like a Hargreeves party

18 years ago

18 years ago

"Children!"

The stern, British voice of Sir Reginald Hargreeves called out from the front door of the Umbrella Academy. Even thought the mansion was enormous, his authoritative voice reached every corner of the house.

A stampede of footsteps were heard approaching the front door as the Hargreeves siblings rushed towards their father. He did not like to be kept waiting.

The eight children stood shoulder to shoulder in number order, Luther stood tall at one end, and Sophie leant on her right leg at another.

"I am going to be absent from the house for the night. Number One, you are in charge. Keep the others in line," with a sharp nod of his head, Sir Reginald was out the door. Short and simple. He didn't need to give the children any sort of explanation.

The children were silent as the door swung shut and their father disappeared.

"Right, you heard Dad, I'm in charge-," Luther started.

"PARTY TIME!!" two voices hollered from their positions in the line. Klaus and Sophie smirked at each other and looks expectantly at the rest of their siblings.

"No. You heard what Dad said," Luther tried to reason.

"Yeah well last week he told Ben that he wasn't allowed to read anymore fictional books and now he has a hidden stash under his bed," Klaus reasoned.

"I trusted you," Ben pretended to sound betrayed but he knew none of his other siblings would tell on him. Klaus simply just shrugged his shoulders and ruffled his brother's hair.

Sophie looked at her siblings, trying one last time to get them to take advantage of this rare opportunity, "Come on guys, don't you think we deserve a night to be actual kids?"

-

It seems persuasion was another one of Sophie's superpowers as the siblings had quickly given in and they were currently causing childish mayhem around the house.

Their mom was busy in the kitchen baking as many sweet treats as she could that were programmed into her system. Diego had worked hard writing a list of foods that his siblings would enjoy for their slumber party and he was currently helping his mom with the preparations.

Five had found a retro video player and an old movie for his siblings to watch and he was currently trying to figure out how to use the foreign machinery. Sophie had been trying to help him but Five kicked her out of the room when she had told him he was doing it wrong for the fourth time.

The brunette was currently laid on her bedroom floor with Klaus. They both had applied green face masks and had Oreos resting on their eyes (they couldn't find any cucumbers). There was some quiet music in the background as they laid in each other's company.