Pt 2. Fresh Air

Seeing the pup go limp, Marissa let out a breath.

"Thank you for being the help, Teresa."

"No problem, whatever it takes to watch and heal this poor wolf."

Teresa let Marissa take the pup back inside the office. Meanwhile, she took off the bite suit, unsure why Marissa had one.

They entered the hospital room and placed the pup back on the bed. This time, Marissa had an IV drip attached to one of the pup's arms. A heart monitor was also connected, and Marissa inspected at the tear on the pup's back leg. Other than the leg, the only other serious injury was a torn throat that had healed wrong.

"How's she looking?"

Teresa slipped on some gloves and went over to the older woman.

"Well, I think her wolf is coming forward. It's healing faster; I mean, some of the smaller wounds are fixed already. This is good; this means the wolf could explain more things to her."

"Hopefully, that means she will shift and can tell us more about herself."

Marissa sighed, and Teresa gave the woman a look.

"I don't think she knows how to. When I explained things, she didn't seem to know anything about packs or shifting."

A wolf raised without a pack, Marissa had never heard of that before. Even rogues form packs within themselves. A wolf won't survive all alone; they need a pack for the need of a wolf. If anything, they get lonely and lose the will to live.

Something happened to the pup, that much was obvious. These bite marks and wounds don't happen from wandering in the woods. Another wolf had attacked this pup, but why? Pups are precious and protected, not almost killed.

"How could that be? We both know what happens to wolves that are all alone. This pup looks to be ten at the most. She must have been with a nomadic pack, and her pack is looking for her."

Marissa paused as she considered Teresa's words.

"If that was the case, we should have wolves chasing this wolf down. No pack would let a pup like this just wander away."

"I'll talk to Rosalia when we finish this exam. Hopefully, we can find this pup's family and get her all healed up."

With the pup unable to fight, the two women finished the check-up quickly and without any scratches. The pup was in perfect condition by the end of the long exam. The only problem was the leg, but even that was looking better.

They kept the pup one sedatives for the next four days. To make sure the leg wouldn't get worse or infected, Marissa would need to make the pup stay still. Once the stitches were out of the leg, stopped the sedatives, and took the IV out. The pup would be a little crazy when she wakes up, but it would be worth it. This exam wouldn't have happened otherwise, and she now needed to talk to the Alpha.

****

Her head felt like it was fuzzy, something she wasn't even sure how to describe. Her legs were heavy, and her eyes couldn't open. She felt so vulnerable.

"Hey, pup."

She was still with the humans. Her memories returned, and the pup let out a whine. So close.

"I bet you feel kind of strange. You were sleeping for a long time, so it will be a process to get up again."

What had the humans done to her! How long was she asleep? Had they hurt her in any way?