Pt 26. Not Now

"One storm after another here in Montana, but this is your one week of sunshine. Take advantage of the clear skies, go out and play in the snow. Another storm is scheduled, smaller, but still has the chance of snowing us all in."

"Where are my keys! I swear, I left them by my shoes, but they aren't there! Have you seen them, Josephine?"

"By the bag Mavis." The woman spoke monotone while Mavis ran around the room.

Mavis looked to where the woman pointed to and happily picked up the car keys.

"Thanks. I don't know why I thought they would be by my shoes."

"It's fine; this is your first chance to see your Fated in weeks. I understand that you're a little frazzled. But you need to calm down, or else you'll never make it do Montana alive."

Mavis took some deep breathes and stood still in the center of the room. Josephine was right, Atta was waiting, but they did have time. The sun was just rising, and the ride wouldn't be too long. Then she would get to the packhouse, bring that Cooley kid in to talk, and make him tell her where her daughter was. Regina would be home, and everything would work out.

First things first, where were her shoes?

Josephine let out a laugh before turning away from the woman. She couldn't help the joy building inside her; Astrid was coming home. Cornielia would follow, and soon, the whole family would be together. It was only a matter of time.

Thankfully, Mavis did manage to find all her items and was driving away from the Forested Ones half an hour later. Bags were in the back, determination flowing through her blood and a promise to bring Regina back.

Josephine watched from the porch as the rental car drove away, hope budding. This was it, for the first time in her life, she would have her family with her. She could meet cousins she never knew; there was a whole side of the family Josephine had never even met.

She would have her sisters back, and she could see her brothers. They must have found their Fated by now; maybe they even had some cute kids! Her children could finally have cousins to play with, wouldn't that be wonderful?

Turning to go back into the house, Josephine opened the family link, one that had been silent for too long. Selecting just her siblings and parents, Josephine sent out the first thought to be sent through the for years.

'I think it's about time we talked about meeting up.'

****

After a long drive and horrible conditions, Mavis finally arrived at the packhouse. Snow was piled up, and white was everywhere, but she had made it. And that meant she could finally kick some sense into that boy.

Storming inside, her anger fueled with each moment. Because of this boy, her daughter was missing and possibly being hurt. It was all his fault that everything fell apart. She would tear him apart, forcing him to take her to her daughter.

"Mavis!"

Seeing Atta, a huge wave of love overcame her. She ran to her Fated, all anxiety, anger, and negative emotions leaving. She was with her husband; even her wolf was purring.

"I've missed you, Atta."

"Not as much as I've missed you, Mavis."

The two began to kiss and murmur sweet words, staying within their own bubble of happiness, sparkles, and love.

"Hello, love birds."

The bubble popped, and the two turned to see the Beta coming down the stairs, Raven at his side.