Pt 20. Falling Apart

Everything was falling apart. As they continued to drive away, the only thing Regina wished she could go back in time two or three hours. Maybe then things would be better.

It all started two weeks ago when Regina found out about her aunt Josephine.

"I talked to the Beta, and he has confirmed with the Alpha that we can go down the third of October. We can spend up to two weeks, and everything will be provided except for personal items. The date has been set for you to meet Josephine."

Running around the desk, Regina gave Atta a tight hug. He had done it; he had found her family! Now she just had to talk to Josephine, have Viribus connect to the Royal line, and find her parents no problem.

"Mavis already knows, so at the beginning of the month, you need to start packing. That gives you a week or so to hang out with Aisha and Xander before leaving.

She needed to tell Aisha! The girl would be so happy for her.

Giving one more hug, Regina ran out of his office and straight to the nursery.

Opening the door quietly, Regina scanned for Aisha, her sister, or mother. Mable was with the babies as usual, and Aisha was with Kalu, playing games with some kids.

'Aisha, can you meet me in my room.'

The girl didn't turn around and kept focused on the kids.

'Aisha?'

Regina watched as Aisha dramatically heaved a sigh before her eyes went foggy.

'What do you need?'

Regina took a step back from the amount of anger in her friend's voice. Why was she so mad? She hadn't done anything to Aisha.

'I have some news, are you able to meet up?'

There was a significant pause before Aisha answered.

'Fine.'

And the link was cut, leaving Regina alone. Noticing the girl was moving, Regina left the door and went up to her room.

That hadn't happened before. Aisha had always been bubbly, happy, and cheerful. Never had Regina heard her speak with such tone.

After ten long minutes, Aisha finally arrived, smileless.

"Hey Regina, did you need something?"

What had happened to her friend?

'Atta found a relative, and I get to see them in two weeks! Isn't that great!'

Aisha groaned and turned to leave the room.

'Hey!' Regina jumped forward to catch Aisha's arm. 'What's wrong with-'

"What's wrong with me?" Aisha turned and threw Regina's arm off. "What's wrong with you!"

Regina fell back to the bed, caught unaware. Aisha had never been like this, even when her older siblings were messing with her. This was new, and scary.

"I haven't seen you for almost three months! Suddenly you meet that feral wolf and your Fated, and I'm nothing to you. I spent almost every day with you; I showed you what I like and how to live in the pack. I was your friend, and you just threw me to the side."

"I told you how I felt, how alone I was, and how unsure I was. And you go to find the perfect man who loves you unconditionally. Even though you don't even talk!"

'I didn't-'

"Sure, you didn't mean to, and I didn't mean to make friends with someone that doesn't care about me." Aisha paused, emotion filling her words.