Pt 3. Pancakes and Progress

She may not trust these humans, but they certainly knew how to make some fantastic food. After eating whatever Marissa had made, Marissa ushered the pup to a new room. This one wasn't white and bright like the one she woke up in earlier. This one had shades of brown, and the pup liked it better like that.

Marissa leaned against the doorway as the pup climbed up the small steps to the bed. The pup then played with the blankets, spun around, and plopped down under the bedding. Raising the pup was going to be easier than Marissa thought.

****

"Rough night?"

Marissa groaned as Teresa stomped into the kitchen. Did she have to be so loud? Marissa looked up at the assistant and glared. Teresa only laughed, seeing dead eyes and dark circles.

"Every. Single. Night. The pup wakes up and howls. I knew she would have nightmares after she bit me that one time. I didn't think she would wake up everyone in the house every hour of the night. "

"And I've never been happier that Tyler and I live in our own house on pack land. The walk is long, but it's worth it because I sleep each night wonderfully."

Marissa let out a snarl and laid her head on the counter.

Families got their own houses, leaving the packhouse for single adults and the leaders of the pack. Her howling also meant that the rest of the pack felt great while everyone in the packhouse was sleep deprived.

Teresa didn't say anything else, letting Marissa wallow in sadness. Tyler and Blake followed shortly after, one stumbling after the other. Tyler happily greeted his Fated while Blake fell into the seat next to Marissa.

"Can I ask why you and Teresa are in the packhouse kitchen? Don't you guys have your own."

"As if I was going to miss my best friend, all tired and grumpy. I didn't even get a hello from Ambra when I entered. I've never seen the Luna like that."

Teresa just laughed more, causing Marissa to grab her plate of pancakes and leave the room. She would rather eat with the pup then deal with Teresa and her jokes. Her head was pounding, and she wanted to sleep. Maybe she could take a nap later.

Opening the door, Marissa happily greeted the pup. "Hey, I'm back, pup. I even brought pancakes."

Marissa let out a laugh seeing the pup pop out from under the blankets. The pup let out a happy yip and started bouncing around the bed. The pup was probably hungry and could smell the food coming her way.

Marissa closed the door and went over to the bed. She placed the two plates of pancakes down and sat opposite of the pup.

"Now, you are still healing, so don't overeat. If you do, you could end up getting sick. So, you get one, and that's it."

Marissa took one off the top and placed it in front of the pup, leaving the rest of the stack for herself. Finally, a perfect peaceful place to eat her pancakes.

At first, the pup didn't seem sure what to do with the food. But after smelling and licking the food, she was happily scarfing it down. Quick as a flash, the pancake disappeared.

That's when Marissa heard the whining. She glanced down; puppy eyes stared back at her. Cute, wide, and bright green eyes. They looked so sad and hungry, one more pancake couldn't hurt, right? So, Marissa gave the pup one more and continued eating.

Then there was more whining.

Marissa laughed as she saw the licked- clean plate. The pup loved the pancakes as well. But the wolf was still recovering, and overeating could make the wolf sick.