3

I yawned for the, I don't even know the number. I lost the count. It was the day of my double shift again, Wednesday.

I hate you, Wednesday.

The bar was almost empty with only a few figures lingering here and there. It was one thirty in the morning. I don't even know why the owner kept the bar open. We mostly were better off on weekends.

Who drinks on Wednesday?

As a cue the door opened and the bell lightly chimed.

Ahh! Should have know. Bullies with killer jawline and dreamy eyes drinks on a Wednesday night.

Even before he could open his mouth to say those three magical words that did wonders for him, I started unscrewing the cap of the expensive bottle to make him his drink.

Jack with coke.

I waited for any sarcastic or snarky comment to come my way but there were none. I looked up to see him slouching on the chair, his head down.

He was sad, again.

"Excuse me?" I said, timidly.

"What!?" He snapped, raising his head making his blood shot eyes meeting mine.

I flinched with the intensity boring in his eyes.

"Umm-uh..Drink?" I said unsure pointing at the glass.

"Did I order?" He growled, banging his fist on the table.

Uh-oh.

"Sorry-y, Sir." I picked up the drink and started retreating when I felt a grip on my hand, stopping me.

"Stay right there." He said with longing in his eyes but his expression remained stern. I stood there staring at him for I don't know how long before my gaze landed on our hands. He followed my lead and looked down, he hesitantly left his grip but not before a light squeeze of assurance.

I lightly smiled at him before settling down in front of him, propping up my elbows I looked at him with curious eyes. He wrapped his hands around the glass before twirling it lightly. The liquid stirred like a hurricane before he took a sip.

I watched him in awe.

He was beautiful that too so effortlessly. Being so beautiful should be a crime.

"You, working in a bar. Is that even legal?" I straightened up before glaring at him. Knowing where this was going I still asked, "What are you talking about?" I kept my lethal gaze on him which silently conveyed 'I dare you to say that'

He just chuckled and my eyes softened. He looked down smiling, his dimples on display. He moved a hand through his hair lightly ruffling the strands before looking up to me with a smile.

No smirk.

Just a smile.

"You'll probably poison my drink if I say something now, right?" There was new light beaming in his eyes. His eyes were not dark brown in anger now. They were a light cheerful shade of brown with only a thin dark strand of line passing through it. His eyes changed colour on his mood. He looked amused and adorable at the same time.

He didn't look like hunter looking for his prey anymore. He just looked like a boy with longing in his eyes and a slight amusement all thanks to me.

"You never know!" I said sobering up.

"Tch!" He clicked his tongue and tsked. I just stood there laughing at his antics.

"Why were you so angry before, Mr. Whatever?"

He looked at me with a straight face.
"I am just going to ignore the fact that you called me Mr. Whatever!"

He dodged my question and I knew he wasn't going to answer that anytime soon.

"And whose fault is that?" I gave him the most sweetest smile I could pester at that moment.

"Yours, of course! You should take some efforts to find my name Miss. Murthy!" He gasped. I looked down to see the glass empty.

"Or you could simply tell it to me!" I folded my hands and glared at him.

"Now Now Now. What's the fun in that!" He said leaning over the table with a smirk, his face few inches away from mine.

I stared at him before my eyes dropped to his lips.

Focus

I blinked and searched for his eyes. He had a goofy grin embracing his features and I couldn't help myself before breaking into a similar one.
"I'll like to see you try, Nandini." He lightly pecked my cheek before stepping back and turning around.

My hand involuntarily touched the area that seemed like it had just burned. The light sensation of his lips lingered there. I looked up to see him gone.

Currency lay on the table with a tissue along the side, which I remember was not there before. I picked it up and gently unfolded it.

Light blue ink in a messy handwriting was scrawled across the white feather.

It should be illegal for you to work here because you are so small.

P.S- Just don't poison my drink when I come next time.

My lips twitched even though I should be offended and soon broke into a full grin.

I shook my head before waiting for the night to end, the smile never leaving my lips.

*****