14

"Good morning," I said after getting settled on the kitchen island.

Manik turned to look at me, "Good morning beautiful."

Was that my apron he was wearing?

I stretched my hands and yawned, "What are you doing?" I scrunched up my brows in amusement.

"Trying to repay a favor." He shrugged as he flipped the pancake which had almost turned black.

"By burning down my kitchen." I bit back a smile.

"Hey! It's my first time." He pouted looking at the black non edible pancake. He tossed it in the bin before trying to make another one.

"Aww, you suck." I laughed and he made a bad face, "Thanks for the motivation." His tone dripped with sarcasm.

"Anytime for you. Wait let me show you how to do this." I jumped down from the counter and snatched the spatula from him.

"Look and learn," I smirked before slowing down the flame. "You have to wait till there are small bubbles, see like this." I pointed the spatula at the round white blub.

"You start scratching the edges and then when you feel it's done, you flip it." I flipped the pancake like a pro and smiled at my achievement.

"Now, let me try." He said stepping behind me leaving me no space to move out. I felt his chest press against my back.

He had his concentration face on and all I could do is stare at him. He had the tip of his tongue out that made him look strangely adorable and harmless.

"You are distracting me," he said suddenly looking at me. "It's not nice to stare." I looked here and there as my cheeks turned red.

This is so embarrassing.

"See, I am a fast learner." I gave an impressed look at the decently cooked pancake. "Not bad, Mr-"

"Malhotra."

"Manik Malhotra. That's such a tacky name." I smirked.

"You are a little brat."

"How dare you called me a brat!" I said with my hands on my hips, narrowing my gaze at him.

"You said my name was tacky!" 

"Because it is! Malhotra." I said moving away from the cage of his arms, feeling a bit more confident, "I bet you are rich."

"You are making fun of me." he turned the stove off and crossed his hands near his chest.

"Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner." I just felt I went a little overboard but this was really fun.

"Aren't you a little bit scared of me?" He started walking towards me.

"Why would I be?"

"You should be." He raised one eyebrow at me.

"You are a dumb dumb. Why would I be scared." I ruffled his hair making him glare at me.

"Take that back."

"Nope. Dumb dumb." I stuck my tongue out to annoy him further.

"You are gonna regret messing with me, friend." He smirked.

"Tòuchè." I clicked my tongue smugly.

"Okay. You called for it."

"Wha-" before I could register what was happening around me, he poured the chocolate sauce on my head.

The nerve of this man.

"Now you look like a small choco bar." He said smiling triumphantly, while I felt chocolate dripping from my head to my face.

Suddenly I sweetly smiled at him, making his smirk disappear, "Why are you smiling, you little devil!"

"Manik, my friend. Time for hugs. Come, give me a hug." His eyes widen in horror.

"No nandini. I don't have any spare clothes. You won't do this to me."

"Too bad I am a devil, right?" I walked closer making him trip and fall. He quickly stood up and held me arms.

"No. Who said devil. I said angel. You are an angel!" He stopped and maintained one hand distance from me.

"Too late for apologies." I said in a go before embracing him in a hug.

His shirt was quickly covered in chocolate, all thanks to my small height.
His face paled like he had seen a ghost.

"Sorry not sorry." He whispered and I looked at him confused.

Crack.

I heard a crack and felt some slimy liquid on my head. He held the eggshells in front of me.

I touched my head and felt the sticky substance all over my head. My hair started stinking and my brain demanded for revenge.

In a jiffy I took the pancake batter and poured it on him. Eventhough I tiptoed I could only manage till his shoulders.

How tall was this human excuse for an eiffle tower.

"Oh no you didn't." He looked angry.

"Oh yes I did. I have got nothing to lose." I said and turned to leave.

Before I could take another step, I was pulled behind and was hit by his chest. He gripped my arms in place, refraining me from any moment.

"You think you are so smart, Miss Nandini Murthy." He whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

I tried to wiggle out of his arms but man, was he strong, "Stop moving."

"What do you want?" He turned me and now I was facing him.

"Scared now, are we?" He smirked.

"Never." I rolled my eyes.

"Say, Manik is the best." His eyes twinkled.

"Manik is a dumb dumb." I gave him a sickening sweet smile.

He didn't look too happy, I wonder why?

"You aren't making this any easier Nandini." He said tightening his grip.

"I'm not scared of a dumb dumb." I tried to push him but he didn't budge.

"I'll show you who is a dumb dum-" before he could complete his threat we heard a voice, that clearly didn't belong to the two of us.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" An amused looking Adam entered the scene. Manik lost his grip on me and I moved away from him.

"Is this food fight happening without me?" He pouted.

"Another word and you die." I warned looking over at Adam. He pretended to zip his mouth and threw the invisible key outside the window.

I smiled in satisfaction before pulling his cheeks.

I heard Manik laugh, "You are so scared of her." I turned to glare at him making him quiet the next instant.

"Welcome to the club bro. You are one of us now." Adam smirked at Manik.

"You two are impossible." I yelled in irritation leaving the two laughing dumb dumbs behind.

I need a shower.