12

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I squinted my eyes to see the time but failed, pulling the covers closer I wished the pain would just go away.

I don't know how long I stayed there closing my eyes, just lying.

Arrrg, I am never drinking again.

"My name is manik"

A voice rang in my head and I instantly jolted up in shock, regretting instantly as my head pounded in pain. I managed to open my eyes this time and glanced at the clock.

8.30

"Uh. This pain.." I moaned and gently massaged my throbbing head.

"My phone..." I looked under the pillow where it was usually there, to find nothing. I huffed before pushing the duvet aside and stepping out of the bed. I looked at the side table to find a glass of water and some medicine along with a note.

Take one and eat something. The pain must be killing you.

~M

I smiled at the silly note before taking the medicine. "Idiot, Manik."

Manik

The name felt new on my tongue but I liked the sound of it. The events of yesterday flashed infront of me in bits and pieces and I palmed my face in embarrassment.

My phone buzzed bringing me out of my thoughts.

Mr. Heartbreaker.
Lunch with me?

Rosè Cafe at 1.30. Don't be late.

Your new 'friend'

M.

I smiled feeling my heart flutter.

Okay.

Manik
That was quick. Were you
waiting for my message, nandini?
;)

No. Don't flatter
yourself ;)

I locked my phone before throwing it on the bed.

Suddenly my spirits were lifted and I felt the throbbing dulled. I felt good.

I bit my lip, remembering the goodnight kiss he gave me.

What are you doing to me strang- M-Manik!

"Baby steps Nandini." I reminded myself.

****

"Hey you."

"You showed up!" He said as I took the seat in front of him, smiling.

"You look pretty." He said eyeing my floral dress and I felt my cheeks reddened.

"Thank you." I mumbled biting my lip.

"It's good to see you in daylight." He joked making me look up at him for the first time. I laughed seeing his eyes twinkle in amusement.

"Yeah," I looked around to see a cozy dining place. There were similar booths around the place just like the one where we were seated. The place smelled divine and I found myself smiling. "Do you come here often?" I asked shy meeting his eyes.