15

I unwrapped the towel on my head and dried my hair before tossing it in the hamper. The smell was gone but they still felt a bit sticky. I stuttered.

That Monster Manik.

I laughed remembering his drenched puppy look.

Manik, the dumb dumb.

I picked out Adam's spare clothes from the closet for Manik.

"This should fit him." I inspected the shirt before tossing it on the bed. Moving towards the mirror I checked my outfit.

"Nandini, Adam said you have his spare clothes in here." I heard footsteps behind me.

"Here. Take th-" I jumped resulting the clothes to fall on the floor.

"Why are you naked!" I shouted in horror.

"Technically, I not. Can't you see this towel!" He pointed out. The towel hung dangerously low on his waist line.

"Oh my god!" I quickly turned around and closed my eyes shut.

What did I just see?!

"Why are you roaming in my house like that!?" My hands moved around in exaggeration.

"Well, you ruined my clothes."

"So this is how you ruin my eyes!" I yelled trying to remove the image from my mind, "Why would you do this to me?" I cried.

"Hey! I look fine. Haven't you seen a guy in a towel before?" He was taunting me.

"No! Sorry, I don't keep trying to picture guys half naked."

"Nandini, you are over reacting." I bet he rolled his eyes while saying that.

"No, you are naked! In my house. In my room!" 

"Oh come one! It's not that bad." I opened my eyes to see his reflection in the mirror.

You know what that idiot was doing?

Flexing his muscles.

"Dumb dumb leave my room! Right! NOW!"

"Sorry what?" I heard him take a few steps swiftly and stop behind me. Like right behind me.

He held my arms to probably make me turn but I refused to budge, "Don't touch me!"

I don't know why but this felt wrong on so many levels. Maybe, because I was totally friendzoned and the feelings weren't mutual, yet.

He was playing a dangerous game, and
if I give in it would cost my heart. I knew that.

"You are something, you know that." He gave up trying to manhandle me and I heard some tossing and ruffling sounds.

"Are you decent?" I asked after I felt him close, again.

"Yes." He whispered tucking the strand of my hair, back.

"Promise?"

"Nandini, open your eyes." I felt his hands guide mine. I slowly opened my eyes to see Manik in Adam's white shirt and his towel.

Now, that was a total upgrade.

"You are a cartoon." He lightly caressed my cheeks, his fingers brushing against my skin.

"Glad I could entertain you!" I faked a smile before pushing past him.

"Hey," he held my hand stopping me in my tracks. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I questioned, looking back at him.

"Everything." He mumbled before pulling me close making me crash on his chest.

He thinks he can just keep pulling and pushing me around. The guy has no boundaries.

"I had fun with you last night. Thank you."

"Mmhmm." My words decided it was a good time to ditch me.

"Nandini..." he cupped my face, bringing his close to mine. The warning bells in the back of my head kept ringing. It confused me. It didn't felt wrong but I knew it wasn't right either.

"Yes?" I whispered.

"I-"

"Well, this just keeps getting better." Adam interrupted us, again.

I took to steps away from Manik,"Adam, I-I was just giving him your clothes."

"You sure about that?" I smacked him and said, "Shut up."

"Lets leave. Let him get dressed." I dragged him out of the room leaving an amused Manik behind.

"Maybe he needs your help-"

"Ouch! Nandini that hurts!"

******