10

"Don't follow me!" I said stopping in my tracks. He too stopped by my side.

I gave him a sour look and he just looked amused.

"Technically I am not following you. I just happen to go the same way." He acted all innocent, batting his eyelashes at me.

He thinks this is cute!?

"Whatever!" I started walking and he mirrored my actions. I stopped again only to see him stop too.

I turned my heel to face him. "Listen mister. I don't know what you want, but you are bothering me!" I said jabbing my finger in his hard chest.

His eyes just twinked with amusement, making me furious. "You think this is funny!? I want nothing to do with you. Please leave me alone."

"But I like being with you." He pouted.

Was he drunk too?

I chose to remain silent. I then turned and started walking.

I slightly tripped but regained my balance.

Mental note- Don't drink and walk in heels.

"If you are going to walk in those, you are going to fall." He said casually walking besides me as if we were taking a stroll on the streets.

I shot dirty looks at him trying to just make him disappear with my mind power. He just kept looking and then simply shrugged.

When he didn't disappear I stomped my foot and continued my journey thinking ways to get rid of him. It was only getting colder and I could really use some hot chocolate and my fluffy blankets to keep the cold away, for which I had to reach home. Soon.

"Nandini, will you be less angry if I told you my name?" I heard him say from behind.

I was tempted to stop, to be honest. I had know this man for a month and his name was still a mystery to me. I remembered the kiss and tossed my thought in the trash.

I heard him sigh when I didn't stop.

I have nothing to do with him.

"Arey, nandini! Listen!" He suddenly appeared in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

If he keeps stopping me like that, I don't think I am going to reach home.

"What!?" I growled.

"Here." He said wrapping his coat around me. He still had a sweater on.

My head started to pound and I winced in pain. I think my vision started to blur too.

I am not drinking again.

"I don't want this." I tried to shrug it off but he held my shoulders. The fun persona was gone and he looked a bit angry and irritated. "Don't argue with me." He glared at me. When I mirrored his actions and refused to budge his eyes turned soft, making him whisper, "please."

The intensity was too much and I looked away. I held the coat around me tighter, he gave me a small smile while I proudly didn't acknowledge.

It smelled like him. It was like hugging him.

A smile tugged on my lips but was soon replaced by a flat line as if it was never there.

"So, Party huh?" He said, his voice was unsure. I looked at him side ways to see him a bit nervous.

"I hate small talk." I said increasing my pace, not sparing him a glance.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I can stay quiet." He surrendered.

"I doubt that." I mumbled under my breath.

I don't know how it happened, but I tripped and fell face first. "Ouch!" My face scrunched up in pain. I bit my lip to stop myelf from screaming.

A pair of shoes stopped in front of me before squatting to my level.

"I told you." He said pointing at my heels.

I huffed.

I tried to get up but yelped when a strong pain shot up my foot. I think I twisted it.

He looked concerned for a second but changed his expression as soon as I looked up at him.

I looked around to find aloof streets. Not a single freaking person, except the I told you so.

Jerk.

"Are you gonna help me or keep staring at me till one of us dies in the cold. It's December. I think it's gonna snow." I rubbed my hands together to keep them warm.

"I assumed you didn't want my help." He shrugged. I know he was trying hard not to smirk, I swear I would have punched him.

"Come on. Say it." He was just pushing my buttons.

"Help me." The words tasted like defeat and I hated losing.

"Say the magic word and maybe I will." He bit the inside of his cheek, clearing enjoying himself.

Cheeky bastard.

"Please. Help. Me."

"Here you go." He effortlessly lifted me in his arms as I was clearly incapable to walk.

He smiled triumphantly.

"Nandini, I know you are upset with me. But I can't let you go when I have just started to know you." His warm breath made me shiver. His face was so close to mine.

I resisted the urge to run my hands through his hair. I quickly looked away but he caught me staring.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and I felt like crying.

This is not what I want to hear and he knows it.

"You know I don't want to hear your apology." I rolled my eyes and voiced my thoughts.

"It's complicated." He said not looking at me.

"So be it." I huffed, pledging not to talk to him the whole way.

I'm done.