7

2 days later.

"NANDINI OPEN THE DOOR!"

Bang

Bang

Bang.

I suddenly jolted up from my sleep. I took a deep breath before looking over at the clock. My eyes squinting trying to make out the time.

It's midnight for gods sake.

"Nandini!!!" A voice boomed in silence.

This has to be Adam. His voice sounded urgent.

Did something happened!? Luke is he fine? Did something happen to Adam?

I pulled the duvet away from my body and rushed to the door. I quickly unlocked it.

Adam's face relaxed on seeing me, " Finally! I thought I had to break the door down!" He said before leisurely walking in.

"Adam why are you here?" I said before punching him for ruining my sleep. He looked fine and was currently raiding my fridge.

"I knew you'd forget!" He shook his head before hugging me.

"What?" I whispered my arms circling around his waist. His hugs were precious.

I felt him smile before whispering, "happy birthday nandu." His voice was soft and I closed my eyes in embarrassment.

I literally forgot my birthday.

"Where is the birthday girl!?" Luke barged in the house with a cake and some balloons.

"You guys." I swooned.

Both embraced me together squishing me between themselves. My house filled with laughter and giggles.

"Can't believe this dork forgot her own birthday." Luke laughed before kissing my cheek.

Adam pouted, he took the tissue wiping the spot where luke had kissed and planted a kiss himself only to smirk at his brother. I shook my head before bursting in laughter at their child like behavior.

"You weren't here for almost a year. I had to take care of this baby." He said and patted my head as if i was a small child.

"Cake time!" Luke said smiling.

"Slumber party!" Adam shouted before throwing a pillow at me and shamelessly laughing.

"And here we go.." luke whispered as I threw a pillow back at adam, forgetting about the cake.

Happy birthday to me.

****

"Okay birdies listen up, you," he pointed at me, "go to the cereal section and then to groceries while luke and I move towards the junk food section."

"Yes sir!" I saluted adam before giggling.

We were currently shopping.

Long story short, last night they emptied my pantry. I was currently running out of food and some stuff here and there. We munched on snacks and popcorn and later watched a film. Like adam had said Slumber party.

It feels good to be 23.

I moved down the aisle putting the required stuff in my trolley, humming to myself.

"Aspirins," I muttered before throwing it in too. After tonight's party Adam is going to be needing this. Adam and luke were throwing me a not so surprising birthday party at the bar.

"Give me one too." I heard a voice and jumped. My heart beat going rapid.

"I am sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." I turned around to see the stranger. He sheepishly bit his lip before breaking into a smile.

He was dressed in a common grey full sleeve T-shirt and jeans ditching the suits I usually saw him in.

He looks sexy in them anyways.

He cleared his throat bringing me out of my daze. A coy smile playing on his lips indication he had caught me checking him out but didn't comment on it to embarrass me anymore.

"Hi." I meekly whispered, blushing.

Just staying around him makes me nervous.

"Hi." He said his lips slowly moving before taking the aspirin from my hands. A chin ran down my spine when his fingers brushed mine.

"Thank you for this." He said again and I kept staring at his lips. The moments in the inventory came crashing and I felt a blush crept on my face and neck.

God, I wanted to kiss him again.

Last time we kissed, he had to leave soon after asking me about whether he was a good kisser, much to adam's dismay while I thanked my stars for saving me.

I nervously swayed on my toes trying to not make this any more awkward then it already was.

"Hey, we are cool right?" He said breaking the silence.

"Mmmhh.." I mumbled.

He nervously scratched the back of his neck before continuing slowly, "I mean about the k-kiss."

I suddenly looked up at him not knowing where this was going. "I am so sorry. I guess I was a bit drunk when I came looking for you. And then I remember kissing y-you."

My smile dropped. It was like all the air had been knocked out of me.

Sorry?

He felt sorry for kissing me. Son of a bitch!

"Excuse me?" I questioned raising my voice.

"I am saying. I am sorry for kissing you  that day. I don't know what happened. I told you I was just drunk. I didn't mean to..."

He wasn't that drunk. I would have surely noticed. That's why I let him kiss me.

I felt so humiliated right now.

Mistake? Is this what this is to him?

"You can't do this to me.." I whispered softly not caring if he heard me or not.

"Nandini.." he took a step towards me but I took one back. Keeping myself away from him.

I don't deserve this. I don't deserve to be treated like this.

"You can't toy with me like this. You think this is a joke? Not telling me your name, acting all mysterious. Making me feel something and then saying things like this. Is this all a joke to you, Mister?"

"Nandini, I remember telling you I wasn't leading you on. I wanted a friend dammit!" He said irritated.

"You dont kiss your "friends" dammit." I said with venom in my voice. My throat was burning and my palms were sweaty. I wanted to cry.

"That's why I am sorry. Why don't you listen to me, Nandini!" He said gripping my arms.

This closeness was bothering me right now.

"Don't act like you know me. You know nothing about me!" I said blinking rapidly, afraid of the tears that were brimming in my eyes.

"But I want to." He said in a soft tone.

"I want nothing to do with you! Just stay away from me!" I pushed him away making him stumble a few steps back.

His expression never softened.

"I can't." He whispered before forcefully envading my space, agian.

I left my trolley making it fall on his feet. He yelped in pain and I moved away as soon as he lost his grip on me, trying to find Adam and luke to get out of here.

"Nandini..ouch!" He cried in pain.

I didn't turn back, eventhough I wanted to.