prom night - jeongin

genre: fluff <3

Another school day, another day for you seeing your crush Changbin.
You were leaning on your locker waiting for him and his friends to leave so you could put a note with "prom?" on it on his locker.
But when they left your best friend jeongin hugged you from behind and started talking to you.
"I just saw the most beautiful human." he told you while looking at you but he saw you looking after Changbin who now was walking right next to you and Jeongin now had an annoyed look at his face.
"I see someone else has your attention."
When he was gone you turned around and started to smile brightly.
"He looked at me!" you exclaimed without noticing that jeongin said something before.
"When are you going to confess?" he asked you while looking after Changbin who was wearing a black pair of jeans, a black hoodie and some black shoes.
He really liked the color black, but he didn't really seem like a dark person.
"Tomorrow.." you said still thinking about how changbin looked at you while walking past you.

next day

You opened the door to your classroom when you already saw changbin sitting on his chair waiting for the teacher to arrive, you wanted to approach him but it wasn't possible, you thought that you'd just leave the note at his locker later and smiled at him but he didn't seem to care.
When the class ended you tried to be the first at his locker but some of his friends were already standing there waiting for him.
"Tomorrow is another chance, tomorrow.." you said to yourself while seeing that your best friend is approaching you.
"You're blocking the view." you told Jeongin who was once again really annoyed that you only had eyes for Changbin, he wanted you to be happy but it didn't seem like Changbin was interested in you.
But maybe he was wrong.

1 week before prom

Jeongin opened the door for you and put his hand on your shoulder while walking down the hallway of your school.
Changbin also had put his hand on a girls shoulder and it made you jealous, he wasn't yours but you wanted him to be.
"Maybe she's just a friend" jeongin said to you as he saw you staring at the changbin and the unknown girl.
But he was proven wrong when their lips met not long after his statement.
Your heart broke right in that moment, not knowing what to say or do you just stood there waiting for the pain to be gone but it would still be there no matter how long you would've waited.

prom night

You thought that maybe if you wouldn't go it wouldn't hurt so much but Jeongin insisted that you
should be going with him, he asked for the color you were wearing today and you told him that you are wearing a dark blue not knowing why exactly he wanted to know that.
He came to pick you up and you stood up when you heard a loud knock on the door, you opened it and saw him standing there with flowers and also a dark blue suit.
You saw that jeongin had a huge smile on his face and you immediately smiled as well, when you entered the car Jeongin put a dark blue ring on your finger.
"perfect! I was concerned that the color wouldn't be the same but it is" you thought he couldn't be able to smile more but his smile only grew brighter while staring at you until he finally started to drive.
You were sitting on a chair looking at the boy who you had a crush on not long ago but he was there with his girlfriend and you were there with your best friend.
It it made you sad that you weren't by his side right now and even sadder when you heard through some loudspeakers that everyone should grab a partner now and start dancing.
"may I?" Jeongin asked and took your hand, you just nodded and you two started dancing, but you weren't really paying attention to Jeongin rather to Changbin, dancing with someone else, like always.
"This makes me sad." jeongin said with a sad expression on his face.
"What..?" you didn't know exactly what he was talking about but he answered your questions after a few seconds.
"The way you look at him, but you never seem to notice the way I look at you.
You always tell me that you wish you would be by his side but I only want to be by your side and it makes me sad.. that you're not mine but still his even though he has a girlfriend.
I want you to be happy but it doesn't seem like he can make you happy, I wish I could be the reason that for your smile but I'll probably never be the one for you." Jeongin said already wanting to leave but you took his hand and pulled him into a hug, you hugged him as tight as you could to show him how much he really means to you.
"Thank you.. for everything" you two stayed like that for a while and Jeongin just put his hands on your waist with a smile on his face.
march18, 2019