pretty flowers - felix

genre: angst

It has been more than 2 months since you last saw your father, laying in his hospital bed holding your hand and saying his last good bye to you. it still feels like it was yesterday since he left earth.
You were mad at him for drinking while driving but also at yourself for making him mad before leaving and not apologizing although it's your fault that the argument had even started in the first place.
Just because of your pride your father, which you love so much had to die.
Everyone kept telling you that it isn't your fault but the pain in your heart whenever you think about stopping him from leaving or just not screaming at him for coming into your room gets worse every time.
You knew that it hurt him when you two fought, you were his one and only and he just didn't want to lose you and the only way to escape his pain was alcohol, at least for him you tried telling him that alcohol can't solve problems but he never listened to you which made you even more mad and him even more desperate.
He just wanted to get along with his only child.
And on top of that not even your mom was there to grief with you, it felt like you had no one.
After eating your breakfast, which your dad usually made for you, you've decided to go to the graveyard and visit your dad's grave.
You had to be quick to go to the next flower shop before the best ones are sold out, so you closed the door behind you and started walking really fast until you reached the flower shop only to see that it was already closed.
"We now close on Sundays at 12pm" a sign which was hanging on the door said.
"5 minutes too late.. my bad luck will never stop" you thought to yourself and went to the grave without flowers, it made you really sad seeing that the old ones are already dead.
You heard sounds coming from the bushes, but it didn't scare you anymore you were used to it.
"hey.. i saw you at the flower store and I thought maybe you'd like to take these?" a boy with blonde hair and beautiful freckles on his face asked you with a soft voice showing you beautiful red roses, your and your fathers favorite flowers.
"Pretty flowers" you tried to smile but seeing the pictures of your dad giving them to your birthday just made it hard.
"Can I sit down? No one should grief alone and you seem like you're lonely." the boy said now sitting next to you.
There was a long time of silence because the two of you didn't really know each other so it would be kind of weird to ask questions, you thought.
But short before you wanted to open your mouth the stranger already did.
"Can I ask you who's the person lying here? It may be a bit too priva-" you interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.
"My dad." you took your phone out of your backpack to show him a picture.
He just smiled and looked at you
"He looks like you, really pretty. " he said after looking at your face for a few more seconds.
Your phone started ringing and the song you and your dad often listened to came on, you don't know why you even chose that song knowing it would make you sad, and making you cry most of the time. You declined the call to tell the boy which you now recognize, Felix from your school, the story about the song.
"See you again.. we always suffered together while hearing that song.." tears started to fall down your face, you opened Spotify to start the song.
"Now we're here to suffer together." Felix said with a serious but still soft tone in his voice.
"What's your full name?" you asked him after the song had ended.
"Felix Lee." he answered and left the graveyard.
the next morning everyone was talking about this boy, with a sad tone in their voice, you had your headphones in listening to some of your favorite songs but you were concerned.
"Felix Lee isn't one of us anymore, he has left earth the day yesterday. We are all really shocked about those sad new. And y/n please come to the principals room immediately." your music wasn't loud enough to drown the sound of the loud speakers.
You went into the office seeing a letter and flowers next to it.
"For you" your principle said and handed you the things over felix left for you.
Everything started slowly adding up.
you picked up the note. "No one should grief alone, I'm always here with you."

march18, 2019