Chapter 5

We arrived at slightly past 8pm, the music was already blaring and there were at least one hundred or more people already here with more arriving every minute. "Good thing Jake lives on 10 acres of land." I thought. "I should have bought a flash light to shine into the paddocks and watch people having, sex scatter. Aw well." God my mind could be evil.

As we enter the large house I looked over at the ten seater table covered in food, my mouth already drooling. "How do you not get fat?" Leah complained at me. Noticing where my gaze fixated.

I shrugged my shoulders as we started to look for the birthday boy. Our journey had taken us to the pool room where a rather competitive game of billiards was happening. On one team was Andrew, A heavy set friend of Jakes. Although I'd never really liked him much. Sure he was attractive enough, but he honestly thought of himself as gods gift to women and got shitty when he didn't get his way.

On the other team which was winning by a landslide, was a girl I'd never seen before. She's tall at 5,10 or 5,11, has dark brown hair with natural highlights from the sun, a small nose, soft lips and dark steely blue eyes that look like an approaching storm.

She was wearing tight leather pants and a fitted leather top that completely covered her top half right down to her hands, but styled for the party. Her boots were heavy set and looked amazing, but I did NOT want her standing on my toes on the dance floor.

All in all she looked incredible. It's an outfit that I wouldn't be caught dead in, but it honestly made her look like a goddess about to go hunting.

I tapped Leah on her shoulder, "Who's that?" I asked her over the beat of the music that was still really loud, even though the dance and music area was outside.

"I've never seen her before." She responded. "But I'm glad she's kicking Andrews butt. He's suck a jerk sometimes and he deserves it."

At this point I started to notice the guys staring in our direction with looks of primal lust plastered on their faces. Great, the worst thing about parties was having to deal with all the horny drunk people. Can't they get their fix somewhere else?

When Leah saw this too, she grabbed my hand and started to move towards the dance area where we hoped to find Jake. There were way to many tipsy, bordering on drunk, guys in one place to stay here.

As I was leaving I noticed that Miss Storm Eyes was looking at me and gave me a friendly wave. I waved back as I left the room with a smile on my face.

"Wow Violet," Leah exclaimed over the music. "Who is it that managed to put that dreamy smile on your face?"

"No one." I replied, perhaps a bit to defensively to fool Leah. "I was just enjoying watching that girl kick Andrew's ass. Hopefully he gets so badly beaten that he goes home and I don't have to try and avoid him while he tries to sleep with me all night."

"Well you shouldn't have admitted that you've never slept with anyone then. While I don't see what the big deal is, it only made him more determined." Leah replied.

I was about to agree with her when Jake finally came into view and Leah ran to him with an excited squeal and they locked lips. Having already had two years of being forced to watch their public displays of affection and knowing it wasn't going to finish any time soon, I went over to the punch bowl and poured myself a cup.

I looked back at my best friend only to find that her and Jake obviously had their tongues down each others throats.

"Here we go." I thought, draining the entire punch of cup in one go. I'd been warned that I wouldn't be able to get drunk for a while thanks to the vampire bite. But I didn't care, it tasted good. Although I still couldn't drive once I'd had a drink.