Chapter 11

Leah and I sat in my Audi on stakeout duty while we waited for the rest of the team to catch up to us.

It's not like I intended to speed excessively on our way here, but the thought of Audrey in trouble was like a brick on my accelerator. So now we're watching the entrance to the drones hideout.

The hideout appeared to be a cabin in a lightly wooded, but not well traversed area just outside of the suburbs. However, we both knew that the cabin was in fact just the entrance to their fortress. The rest of the complex being underground.

We'd parked in the parking area at the start of a local walking trail to avoid suspicion. We had binoculars to see the cabin.

Sitting in a sexy, sleek black car, using binoculars to peek on the bad guys, not going to lie, I kind of felt like John Wick.

Somehow I'd thought that the cabin would be crawling with drones like a bees nest. However only a single person had left the cabin and no one had entered in the entire time we were watching.

We heard the cruiser carrying the rest of the team pull up beside us and we all got out quietly and got started.

We'd all agreed to the plan beforehand, it really was quite simple. Quietly infiltrate the cabin and gain access to the underground facility. Once inside, be stealthy and locate Audrey before retrieving her and quietly exiting the facility. Thankfully, a drones hearing is only slightly better than a humans, unlike a vampires which is super sensitive

It was a simple enough plan, except none of us had any idea of the layout of the facility beyond the outer walls of the cabin.

We approached the cabin. When we arrived, one of the hunters picked the rather simple lock and we entered to find the building deserted. So far so good.

A quick look around showed us a normal cabin someone owned for a retreat, except for the modern elevator built into the center that you wouldn't be able to see from outside.

Leah hit the button and put her eye to the device that lit up. We already knew that only a drone eye could active the elevator and hoped that Leah's eyes would do.

Luckily the device seemed to accept the glowing rings in Leah's eyes before the door hissed open.

We entered the elevator to find that there were 4 levels as well as the cabin level that the lift could reach. "May as well start at the dungeon on the bottom floor." I thought as I hit the button marked B4. I've never seen a dungeon on a rooftop.

We exited the elevator into a long white corridor. Not dissimilar to the one that was directly outside of my cell in the hunters encampment.

There were doors placed along both sides of the corridor. Which a quick hand single, we agreed to split up and check the rooms in either direction. The team of the five hunters took the right hand side of the corridor while Leah and I took the left.

It may seem unfair for our party to be split 2-5 but let's face it, I'm a freakin vampire, a bad ass one I might add, and more than make up for the lack of numbers in our group.

The first room we looked into was a torture chamber. I felt sick within seconds of looking into the deserted room and had to shut the door. The second room we tried looked like something out of a mad scientists dream. There were chemical concoctions and sciency looking machines everywhere. The third room seemed to be some sort of storage room. We were yet to find a dungeon or holding cell.

There was only one room left to try but I heard a thump sound with my vampire hearing and signalled to Leah to turn around. We had to check up on our group.