Chapter 12

"What happened?" A fully conscious, healthy Leah asked.

"You were caught by Jake." Came the reply from Jamie as we all looked towards Jake who was still standing there trembling. "If you pull that blade out it will instantly kill him."

Leah smile as Jamie released her from her chains and she went over to her ex-boyfriend. "This is for being the world's biggest asshole." She informed Jake before grabbing the end of the blade and yanking it out in one smooth move.

Jake fell to the floor and started to bleed out through his eyeball. His blood pooling on the ground.

"Can I keep this?" Leah asked Jamie, indicating the fine blade that she was holding.

"Sure." said Jamie. "But right now we need to get out of here."

"Violet." Jamie's voice became very soft, not quiet, just soft like you do when you're handling a sleeping baby. "I need you to imagine strength and speed just like you did with the healing and let that feeling build until you can't take it anymore."

I did as he asked and found the idea of speed and strength grew a lot faster than the idea of healing did.

Jamie came back over to me and put his forehead on mine. "Now push that idea to me, but this time I'm going to need you to maintain it."

I felt the power leave me and enter Jamie as the green rings around his eyes started to blaze and grew to cover half of his iris. I don't how, but I somehow understood that I had transferred my ability of supersonic speed and my strength to Jamie.

"Help Violet as we escape with your hunter friends." Jamie instructed Leah. "But be gentle with her, if she breaks her concentration and I lose the strength needed to fight all the drones in here then we're all dead."

We could both tell from the look on his face that he was deadly serious as Leah nodded.

Jamie made his way to the door, moving so fast it's like he disappeared from next to us and reappeared at the door. I wondered if that's what I look like when I'm at full speed.

Jamie opened the door and just as quickly grabbed the heads of the two guards at the door and smashing them together with enough force to cause there brains to explode outside their skulls.

Jamie disappeared in a flash and we heard the same thing from out in the corridor before he reappeared and motioned for us to follow.

Sure enough, there were two more dead guards at the entrance to the room next to ours. We opened the door to the room and found the five hunters alive, but roughed up and handcuffed.

Immediately I started to gather the idea of healing, except when I tried to push it into the hunters, nothing happened.

"It will only work with your children." Jamie said, appearing before me in an instant. "I'll give you a complete rundown of what's happening when we get out of here, but for now let's free these hunters and get one of them to recover Audrey. All is not lost for her yet."

Leah's head shot up at this news.

Freeing the hunters and retrieving the unconscious Audrey took less then two minutes. But in that time six more drones died at Jamie's hands. With another two dying in the elevator.

I don't remember much after we exited the elevator because the mental strain of holding the connection with Jamie, coupled with my already drugged state, finally overcame me and I passed out.

I woke up in the cruiser with Jamie next to me and the five hunters all present and alive. Something also tasted really good.

I looked down to see my fangs extended into the soft part of Jamie's arm and his blood flowing into my mouth.