Chapter 19

Leah and Audrey arrived shortly after we did, with Rose. My sister obviously wanted to take a look at the rather impressive set up they had here.

The next to turn up was Alex. Like usual, he had a girl on his arm and also like usual, it was never the same girl. How in the hell did he get so many different girls to fawn over him? It can't just be his angelic face that I wanted to punch. I'm surprised none of the girls have killed each other in a jealous rage yet.

Last, but not least, to arrive was Gabe. Gabe looked tired and was wearing the same black jeans, button up non formal shirt and converse that she'd worn every day since I met her. I know some people are fond of the same outfits but change it up a bit girl.

I also noticed the distinct smell of blood on her.

"Sorry for being late." She apologized to everyone, even though she was only 10 minutes late. It's not like she kept us waiting for hours. "I just had to donate some blood to the Red Cross blood bank." She explained.

Well, at least I know why she smells of blood. But should someone that skinny really be donating blood? The urge to feed Gabe was coming back again, stronger this time.

"It's no trouble." Alex said, waving his hand dismissively. "More to the point, who is this fine woman." Alex asked, looking at Rose.

"That's my elder sister." I answered for her. "She's married to my brother in law so paws off of her."

Alexander's eyes flashed with annoyance at me. "I don't remember asking you." He said in a low voice.

"I really don't care if you asked me or not Alex. Keep your hands off my family, that goes for both blood and spiritual. Do that and we'll get along fine." I retorted.

For the first time Alexander's mask of upper class snob slipped for a second and I caught a glimpse of the anger and frustration before his mask slammed back into place.

"So does that mean that you'll take their place by my side angel?" Alex asked, apparently serious.

"I don't date and I certainly don't do hookups. So if that's what you're after then enjoy the conquest of each girl you have on your arm each day. How the hell do you get a new girl everyday by the way?" I asked him.

Alex just gave me a knowing smile before turning back to give his attention to the blond bimbo he'd bought with him.

Rose had never really gotten to do a lot of stuff like this when she was young due to her sickness so I asked everyone if it was alright if she stayed with us. No one had a problem, of course. The teams were reshuffled and it ended up being Rose, Gabe and myself on the team. Which suited me perfectly.

I can honestly say we had an amazing time at the alley. Gabe and Rose got along really well and besides the fact that the three of us were the only ones not drinking out of the entire group, it didn't mean we weren't having fun.

I ordered fish and chips for the table and made sure that Gabe ate her fair share of them, much to her protest. I had a bad feeling that she didn't eat enough, I just wasn't sure if it was due to a sickness or her family situation. She never talks about her family except her brother.

Gabe kicked our asses a few times, which surprised me. Rose may be terrible at it but I thought I was quite a good bowler until Gabe knocked my ego down a few pegs. Gabe and I decided to head into the Galactic Circus arcade to play around. Rose opted to stay and watch over the other three who were becoming quite intoxicated.

We played around on different machines for hours. It was so much fun, from kicking Gabe's butt at the basketball machine to getting us both to scream in the roller coaster simulator.