Chapter 23

I was not expecting this. Not even a smidge. Gabe never even gave a hint as to what instruments she could play and now I find out that she's part of one of the most elite orchestra's in this part of the world? Color me impressed.

I don't remember how long I had been sitting there, I was transfixed by the incredible music that was filling the hall. How could a group of people make such a beautiful sound. I never wanted it to end.

Then came intermission, much too early if you ask me. I'd been watching Gabe in her uniform that matched the other members of the orchestra and it suited her so well. I found myself so engrossed listening for the cello in all the lovely currents of music that floated around, I failed to realize that just over an hour had already passed.

We got up from out seats and went to the refreshment stand for the twenty minute intermission. I knew I couldn't disturb all the performers during this time, but there would be nothing stopping me from heading backstage after the performance.

Every time I learn something new about Gabe, I become more and more impressed with the girl. Is there anything she can't do through her will power alone? She was practically homeless and still managed to be part of an elite orchestra for crying out loud. As well as whatever Alex used to have her doing.

I stopped my train of thought when I realized that I was becoming a fangirl over Gabe, like she was a celebrity.

We went back to our seats in preparation for the second half of the performance.

As if it was actually possible, the second half was even more beautiful than the first, even though I'm not a fan of Shakespeare, so sue me. I am however a fan of beautiful music and the performance here tonight was one of the best I'd ever been present to witness. So I stand corrected. So sue me again.

The performance finished, much to my dismay. After many bows, rounds of applause and many a bravo shouted, the musicians left the stage for the final time this evening.

I was out of my seat and moving towards the exits before anyone could stop me. Although I did have to be careful with my dress and my shoes slowed me down a bit. Have you ever tried running in heels? I don't recommend it.

There was a person who I'm assuming was a stagehand standing at the entrance to back stage. I went right up to him. "Excuse me." I asked politely. "Could you please tell me where Gabe is?"

The stage hand looked at me with a funny expression. I then realized that he probably had no idea who Gabe was because she probably didn't go by her nickname in this formal setting.

"Sorry, I meant Gabriel Everleigh, she's a Cellist." I corrected myself

Recognition spread over the guards face. "How do you know her?" He swept the look off his face and added "Only family and close friends are allowed backstage." He informed me.

"She's my house mate and good friend." It was a simple and true reply. I hoped it would be enough to get me backstage. I was pretty sure that Jamie could have also gotten us backstage without a problem, but I didn't want to rely on him for everything.

The guard nodded, apparently satisfied. "She'll be in the room marked thirteen, follow the corridor down to the end then it's your first right." As he stepped out of the way of the door letting me pass.

I followed the directions the nice stagehand gave me and sure enough, after a minute or so I found myself outside of a room that had a metal thirteen screwed into it.

I knocked, through my hearing I could already tell that there was only one person inside but I didn't want to barge in in case it wasn't actually Gabe.