Chapter 30

"What do you mean we have kindred souls?" Leah asked, anger lacing her voice.

"It is as it sounds Leah. Apparently we have soul mates and I'm no exception." Leah was angry because shortly after we explained what had happened with Cynthia here, we had tried to tell them about the kindred soul connection.

"It's not that I hate being with Audrey, but you're trying to telling me I no longer have a choice?" Leah has always been a free spirit, I kinda get why she's angry but also I'm wondering why she isn't happy that there will be someone that loves her forever no matter what. It's a little confusing.

"Well I for one am glad." This time is was Audrey's turn to speak. "This means I'll never have to give you up to anyone else."

Leah's eyes softened at this statement as she realized what a bitch she was currently being towards her girlfriend, their hands intertwining for emotion support.

"I know, I never want to give you up either." Leah said softly to Audrey while I was beginning to wonder if I should be listening to this conversation. "It's just that I hate being forced into things."

Audrey laughed at this, she didn't chuckled but she laughed loudly from the pit of her stomach. She didn't stop either, we had to wait for the laughing fits to die down before anyone could talk to her again.

"What?" Leah asked her, looking upset.

"Sorry," Audrey replied between trying to breath again. "I just can't believe I ever thought you were an actual drone."

We all stopped and laughed at this, the strong willed Leah bending to someone else's will was a funny thought after all.

"I think it's romantic." Rhys said as he hugged his wife from behind. "I'm not even an Ethereal child and I know who my kindred soul has always been." His words causing my sister to go a bright red.

"Gabe is SO your kindred soul." Leah said to me, desperate to get back at me a little.

"I highly doubt that." I responded. "There is no romantic attachment there, I just want to help and protect her as her friend. That's all, I swear."

"Love comes in many forms and isn't always sexual." Jamie stated like some form of wise man.

"Plus, Gabe's still sleeping in your bed like she did last night as well." Audrey interjected.

I knew at this point that I wasn't going to win this argument so I decided to change the subject in a not to discrete way.

"So as I was saying, if Alex gives any of you a hard time or you see him giving Gabe a hard time then let me know and I get to start removing his limbs before sending him home in a shipping crate."

As a group we were still shocked that Alex's own mother had suggested such a thing, but we were also grateful that it made it so much easier to control the asshole.

"I think that's everything." I said to everyone around the table that consisted of the entire household, even Mia was here. Except of course Gabe who was still sleeping after I bit her. I did explain to everyone what happened but it didn't work in my favor as later on when we started talking kindred souls they used it against me.

"Not quite." Rose said in a small voice. Even through all the explanations of the horrors and what went on with Cynthia, Rose had a far away look in her eyes. Like she was debating whether or not to ask this question that had been bothering her.

I looked at my sister, giving her my full attention and letting her know that she had the floor.

"Rhys and I have been talking about it a lot and we want you to consider making us your Ethereal children." I was about to protest when Rose raised her hand indicating that she wasn't finished yet.