Chapter 13

I had a decision to make, granted it wasn't a hard decision and I had Leah and Rupert Mayweather begging me.

The decision entailed whether to free Audrey from her life of forced servitude at the hands of a random vampire by binding her to us for as long as we all live, in bonds much stronger than marriage, or not.

It amazed me how naturally Jamie was included as well as Leah when I thought of us. It made me wonder if I was going to think of Audrey as part of us so naturally once I'd turned her.

Although I already knew that I would never abandon a friend. Particularity one that can't even make a decision for themselves anymore. I'm just shitty that I can't make Audrey sweat a bit beforehand, I really want some payback for all the psychotic shit she's pulled on me since I got here.

My thoughts were pulled back into the present. I kind of stopped listening when Rupert kept asking Jamie the same stupid questions in fifty different ways, somehow hoping for a different answer.

I listened to Jamie, trying to ignore Leah who had unconsciously slid her arm through mine and was lightly pulling in the direction of the holding cells.

"Shall we?" I interrupted Rupert before we could begin on another string of ultimately pointless questions. "I'm tired, hungry and want to destroy the drones hold over Audrey before the sun comes up."

With that I grabbed Leah and headed for the door. We were on a mission and nothing was going to get in our way. I felt pity for anyone that would try to stop us.

I heard Rupert trying to follow behind us but failing to keep up. It's not that we were running or using vampire speed, it just sucks to be old.

We got to the prison building and had to wait for Rupert and Jamie to catch up to us. Rupert to make the security guards let us in and Jamie to tell me how this process actually works. Because I have no idea and while making Audrey bleed out of every orifice at the same time sounds fun, it would defeat the purpose of what we were trying to achieve.

We finally got through all the security and I was faced with a familiar door. It was creepy being on the outside of the cell that I woke up in on my first day here.

I didn't notice last time, but the wall next to the door is a one way mirror. Giving a perfect few of an agitated Audrey trying to smash concrete walls down with her bare fists in an attempt to escape. Everything except the bed had been removed from the cell.

"The process is quite simple." Jamie instructed. "You have to get Audrey to consume your blood Violet. But unlike turning a human into an Ethereal child, which only requires a bit of blood, it will require a lot of blood to over power the royal vampire controlling her."

"When you do this," Jamie continued. "Stop your healing form closing the wound to fast or Audrey won't get enough blood to free her from her current master."

"How do I do that Obi-Wan Kenobi?" I replied. Sick of people asking me about things I had no idea about

"Remember how you let an idea build in your head then you were able to move it to someone else? Well this time, instead of building the idea and moving it, I want you to just move the idea away from certain body parts. That should stop your healing for long enough to turn Audrey."

"Ok, I can do this." I said, attempting to psych myself up. "Think happy thoughts. Unicorns farting rainbows, Justin Bieber getting his head shaved, an anvil crushing Audrey's toes. Ok, I think I'm ready. Open the door Papa Smurf." I said, turning to face Rupert.

Rupert entered a code on the pad next to the door and I heard the hiss of the bolts open.

I didn't wait until the door opened on it's own. I took off into the room at near supersonic speed, grabbing Audrey before sitting down on the bed with her on my lap, restrained. All within 2 seconds of the door opening.