Dramione's Family Dinner

Hermione's Tattoo

Hermione's Tattoo

Hermione hummed the chorus to the song Certain Things by James Arthur as she got ready for dinner with Draco's mother and her parents. She couldn't deny that she was nervous seeing Mrs. Malfoy again. Last time she saw Mrs. Malfoy she was on the ground in her living room screaming her head off as her sister tortured her. Hermione's hand went to her tattoo where her Mudblood scar was before she looked down at it.

She remembered Draco staring at it last night while he walked her back to Gryffindor tower. He asked her why she covered it up which she replied that she wanted to turn something ugly about herself and turn it into something beautiful. After that he had told her that he was sorry for not helping her. She told him that if he did do something both of them would not be here right now.

After the war, she wore only long sleeve shirts or put a charm on in so no one would see it. She wanted no one to look at her with pity so she covered it up until one day she walked into a tattoo parlor and asked them to make this ugly scar into something beautiful.The guy who was suppose to do her tattoo asked her what it meant and was immediately told by a woman that it was none of his business and to step away from her client. The man had grumbled something that Hermione didn't hear before the woman sat down. She had told her that her husband was a Muggle-born and that she knew and hated that word.

They talked for awhile about what she wanted and they both came up with something beautiful. She had replaced that ugly word with pinkish butterflies, parts of a clock, vines and roses. Hermione loved it even though half way through doing it she had cried. She had cried so much that the woman named Gemma had to stop working on her so she didn't mess it up. It wasn't the pain that got her but the realization that she didn't have to get a tattoo to make the scar go away but to be confident in her own skin so then that word could no longer hurt her. Draco thought that was a beautiful way of think. She thought so too.

"Mione, are you okay?" Ginny asked. Mione pulled herself away from her thoughts and dropped her hand away from her tattoo. She checked herself over and made sure her magenta dress was nice and neat before slipping on her white heels.

"Yeah, just thinking"

"Anything you want to share?" She asked.

"No, I should get going it's almost time for me to meet Draco."

"If you are not going to Malfoy Manor or your house for dinner then where are you guys going?" Ginny asked as she finished putting on her make up.

"We are going to this fancy Chinese place in London." Hermione said grabbing her jacket.

"Good luck" Ginny said.

"Same to you" Hermione said before leaving the room. She left the Gryffindor tower and meet Draco by the entrance of the tower.

"You look very classy, Hermione" he said. Hermione looked him over noticing he wore a black and white suit.

"Thank you, you clean up well" she said.

"Thank you" he said before Hermione took the arm he held out. They apparated to a dark alley behind the restaurant and made their way to the front of the restaurant to see Mrs. Malfoy and....Mr. Malfoy standing there looking around. They were both impeccably dressed in their wizard clothes.

"Mother...Father" he said making Mrs. Malfoy turn to look at them. She smiled at her son before walking over to hug him. After their hug she slight turned to face Hermione.

"Miss. Granger, it is lovely to meet you  again under better circumstances." Mrs. Malfoy said.

"Mrs. Malfoy, I-

"Please call me Narcissa since we are to be family soon." She said.

"Narcissa, it is a pleasure meeting you  again." Hermione said.

"What is he doing here?" Draco asked.

"Draco Malfoy, I am still your father and I demand respect." Mr. Malfoy said.

"Respect is earned not given" Draco said.

"Did we come at the wrong time?" A man said walking up to them with a woman. They were both dressed up nicely.

"Mum and Dad, this is my fiance, Draco Malfoy and his parents." Hermione said. "Draco, these are my parents Wendell and Monica Granger."

"Mr. and Mrs. Granger it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Hermione has told me a lot about you." He said shaking their hands.

"I'm afraid we haven't heard a lot about you besides that you use to bully my daughter." Mr. Granger said.

"I apologize for that and I am a changed man now."  Draco said.

"We will see" Mr. Granger said.

"Dad" Hermione said giving her father a stern look.

"Mr. and Mrs. Granger, my name is Narcissa and this is my husband, Lucius." She said. "It's a pleasure meeting you."

"Pleasure to meet you too" Mrs. Granger said. "Please feel free to call us Monica and Wendell since we are to be in-laws."

"And you may call us-" she said but was interrupted.

"You may certain not call us by our first names." Lucius said.

"Lucius!" Narcissa scowled at him.

"Father, if you are going to be this unpleasant then I would suggest going back to Malfoy Manor." Draco said.

"I will certainly not" he said.

"Then behave" Narcissa said.

"I am hungry so let's go inside and eat." Hermione said.

"Agreed" The Grangers said. They all went inside and were shown to a table. The Grangers on one side and the Malfoys on the other. They were given a menu and asked what they wanted to drink. Once they gave their answer the waitress left.

"So have you two picked a date yet?" Monica asked.

"Yeah, we picked July twenty third." Hermione said.

"Okay, how goes planning it?" Narcissa asked.

"Besides picking the date and where we are having it we haven't planned much." Hermione said.

"Speaking of where we are having it, Hermione and I want to have it at Malfoy Manor in the backyard."

"Absolutely not" Lucius hissed. Draco's glared at him.

"Lucius shut up, if they want to have it at Malfoy Manor then they bloody well can." Narcissa said. "Excuse me language."

"I think that's rather appropriate." Monica said before glaring at Lucius.

"If you won't let them have it at Malfoy Manor then they can have it at our house in Australia. We have a big backyard enough to hold a wedding and you, Mr. Malfoy won't be invited." Wendell said.

"How dare you try to uninvite me to my own son's wedding?" Lucius growled.

"You have done nothing but criticize and be rude to them and I won't stand for it anymore. You are uninvited to my wedding." Draco said.

"You can't do that."

"Lucius, it's time for you to leave." Hermione said.

"How dare you talk to me you filthy little mu-"

"Finish that word and I will end you." Malfoy said. Hermione shuddered as the atmosphere got suddenly very cold and dark.

"Lucius, leave right now or I will make you leave." Narcissa said. Lucius glared at his wife but stood up and left the restaurant. "I don't know how to ever make a mends for such behavior."

"It's alright" Monica said placing her hand on top of Narcissa's. Narcissa jumped at the contact but didn't pull away. After a minute though Monica pulled her hand back.

"So you are having you wedding in Australia?" Narcissa said. "I have never been there before."

"You will love it there, it's sunny and warm and just beautiful." Monica said.

"Sounds wonderful" Narcissa said.

"Speaking of weddings, you two really should start planning." Monica said.

"We are just starting to get to know each other and the wedding isn't until July." Hermione said.

"Better to be prepared then not be." Narcissa said.

"How about this?" Hermione said. "When we get back from our trip you two can help me pick out my wedding dress." The two mothers smiled in happiness.

"Okay" they said. After dinner they all exited the restaurant.

"Mr. Granger, would you like to join me for a quick walk?" Draco asked.

"Sure" he said. They walked off while the women wondered what they were talking about. A few minutes later, they came back with smiles on their faces.

"What are you two up too?" Hermione asked.

"Nothing, we just had a chat" Wendell said.

"We should getting going" Monica said. "I am quite tired from all that."

"Draco and Narcissa, it was a pleasure meeting you." Wendell said before hugging Hermione.

"Same here" The Malfoys said before the Grangers got in a taxi and drove off.

"Mother, be careful when you get home." Draco said hugging his mother.

"I will, I love you Draco" she said.

"I love you too" he said before she stepped back and apparated. Hermione and Draco went back to the dark alley and apparated back to Hogwarts. Draco insisted on walking her back to the tower so they made their way there all while Hermione tried to get him to tell her what he and her father talked about. When they got there Draco turned to her.

"We talked about you and how all woman should have a proposal story." He said.

"What are you-" she said but gasped when he got down on one knee. Her hands flew to her mouth.

"Hermione, you deserve the best proposal story with the person you love, but since you are stuck with me." He said before pulling out a ring box from his pocket. "Will you marry me, Hermione Jean Granger?" He asked. Hermione dropped her hands down to her sides.

"This is the best proposal because it is personal." She said.

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

"It's a yes" she said. Draco smiled and took out the ring before slipping it on to her ring finger. He stood up and was shock when she hugged him.

"Thank you Draco"