0.8 Extraction

Present time, POV 3

'Bzzzz'

" Artemis Crock, Conner Kent, Megan Morse, Roy Harper and Kaldur Hyde report to the visiting room" the over head speaker announced.

The said kids looked up and made their way to the visiting room, remembering the way from when they met up with Commissioner Gordon.

When they got to the doors there were at least  triple the normal amount of guards. Suddenly Dick popped up right next to them

"You guys got bailed. Hopefully I'll see you in a few years" he said before walking over to where the group of friends were standing. The young hero's looked over and the gang just smiled and waved.

(Smile and wave boys, smile and wave. Madagascar anyone. Sorry 😁)

The young hero's managed a small smile before they turned and headed though the door. On the other side was commissioner Gordon and some police officers.

They said hello before the female cop guided Artemis and Megan to their stuff and a male cop guided Conner, Roy and Kaldur to theirs. The changed and made their way out side.

Commissioner Gordon walked with them before departing back to the station and letting the young hero's make their way to a nearby  all way before zeta tubing back to base. They were greeted by a stoic Batman and a hyper Flash.

"Good you guys are back. As you know I sent you in there to see what you could find out about the so called Princes of Juvie. It was a big shock to find out that they were non other than Wallace West and Richard Grayson" Batman got right to the point pulling up profiles on the two said boys.

"Wallace West is my nephew. As for Richard Grayson he was supposed to be adopted by Bruce Wayne but his social worker was a road blocker"  The flash or Barry Allen said

"Exactly but now that we know where they are we are going to get them out seeing as they did nothing wrong and should have been place in an orphanage not a detention center" Batman finished "you are dismissed"

The gang all went to their personal rooms and most ether took a nap or a shower before they all slowly migrated to the living room like space.

"Do you think we will see Dick and Wally again?" Megan asked out of the blue.

They went silent, all thinking if they would or not.

"I'm sure we will eventually, maybe not soon but eventually" Kaldur finally said "but let's talk about less depressing things" he suggested

The young hero's spent the rest of the evening talking about random stuff before they all headed off to bed.

Batman POV

Barry and Myself beamed over to the bat cave before changing into civilian cloths. We got the adoption papers for the boys all worked out. I tried to got the social worker on the phone but as soon as I said the last name she made up excuses or she hung up.

After five tries I got her to meet us at the Detention center so she can sign the papers that show that the boys are officially ours.

'Why did both Wally and Dick have to have the worst social worker out there' I thought

When we arrived Barry was all but buzzing in place. We have been looking for them for six years with no leads. But now, we got them and we can get them out of this hell hole.

The social worker finally arrived looking like this was the last place she wanted to be. But when she got a look at me and realized who I was she straightens up trying to look more professional, but I already have my mind made up about her.

We walked in to the visiting room so we could sign the papers and get the kids at the same time.

"Are you sure you want these kids. I have plenty others that I represent that would be way better suited for your style of life" the social worker tried to redirect our attention but we were getting these kids.

"Sorry, but I have wanted to adopt Richard Grayson since his parents died and Wallace West just so happens to be my friends nephew so if you could please finish passing guardianship to us that would be great" I told her

Her lips formed a tight line before she huffed and signed the papers. She got the guards to go get the boys. What was weird was that the guards went into the compound to get them instead of just calling them to us.

A few moments later the officer appeared with two boys laughing as something one of them said. When the boys looked over they looked at us with curiosity but at the social worker with distaste.

I decided to introduce myself and tell them of what has happened.

"Hello my name is-"

"Bruce Wayne you sponsored my parents funeral. Thank you for that. And Barry Allen, you are the uncle to Wally. To what do we owe this pleasure" Dick interrupted

I was going I say something but Barry beat me to it.

"We want to legally adopted both of you"

To Be Continued...

(Sorry for the shortness of this chapter)