16. New Heros?

The boys had just left the bat cave, Wally speeding out with Barry, and Dick driving out in the bat-mobile with Bruce. Wally and Barry were in downtown Gotham, a bit farther away from the mansion while the bats were patrolling a bit closer to it; as they didn't have super speed.

The night was super slow and they only had a few run of the mill criminals, trying to rob stores or break into some houses. To pass the time Dick and Wally were talking over the comms that they were given. Now at first Bruce and Barry were fine with the talking but then it got real annoying when they wouldn't stop talking. They talked about anything they could think of, from their friends in the juvie to the new girl they met at the ice cream parlor.

They got back around 2am, they left about 6pm when the sun set. The boys had ran right up to their rooms, took a shower and crashed in Dicks bed. Wally and Bruce came to check on them about ten minutes after they had both fallen asleep.

~~Line Break~~

The boys had woken up around 11am to what people would call a disney wake up. The sun was shining through the windows onto the bed, you could hear the birds chirping outside, and the smell of bacon wafted through the house. 

Wally had been the first to wake up with Dick snuggled close to his side. Wally had a soft smile and kissed Dick's forehead. He slowly untangled himself from Dick and went to his room to brush his hair and teeth. He then walked to his closet and chose an outfit from their shopping trip earlier in the week. He ended up choosing skinny black jeans, with a white v-neck t-shirt and a dark blue flannel over the top. He also put on his Adidas shoes.

Dick was up about five minutes after Wally had left, feeling the empty spot next to him. He did the same as Wally, brushed his teeth and hair, then went to his closet to pick out an outfit. He picked out a pair of ripped blue jeans, with a white and blue horizontal t-shirt. Topped with a jean jacket and white Vans.

They both left their rooms about the same time, mainly because Wally takes forever, and headed down to the kitchen following their noses. They found Barry stuffing his face with eggs and Bruce with a cup of coffee reading the paper. They sat down and Alfred came around with two plates of bacon, eggs and a cup of orange juice.

They ate breakfast then moved outside to the basket ball court. They played a little one on one for a while before heading inside. They went in through the kitchen door and got some water before heading up to Dicks room. They picked up a book and sat in one of the armchairs just reading. They sat there for a while. When bruce had come to get them to meet the team it was about 5pm and the boys had shifted so Dick was laying across the armchair and wally was sitting criss cross on it. Dick in his lap.

He had come into the room and the boys snapped their heads to the door, relaxing when they saw it was Bruce. They put a bookmark in their spot and set the book on the wooden coffee table. "It's almost time to go meet the team." He told them.

Matching grins dawned their faces. "What are we waiting for then?" Dick asked and they left the room to go to the bat cave and change into their suits. Once they we changed Bruce turned in his chair, already in his batman suit. 

"Barry will be meeting us at Mt. Justice" He informed them.

"Ok. What are we allowed to tell the team?" Dick asked.

"Well you can't tell them your identity, at least not yet. You can tell them most other things though. So if you wanted to tell them about your relationship you are free to do so." Bruce answered.

"I'm going to take a guess that Ms. Martian will try and read our minds?" Wally inquired.

"That she will, she doesn't mean to but anyway I know that your mental shields will be strong enough to keep her out" Bruce told them. "Now if that's the end of the questions lets not keep them waiting any longer."

They walked over to the Zeta tubes, when bruce got close enough the computer started talking. "Recognized. Batman 0-2. Recognized. Robin B0-6. Recognized. Kid Flash B0-7."  The zeta tube then started glowing and the three walked through. They were met with the same voice announcing them coming in and a ground of five teens and three adults. Barry then speed in through the ground entrance.

(I know this isn't their real codes, but I looked and the numbers are in order of when they became active so I just went along those lines)

"Robin, Kid Flash, welcome to Mt. Justice" Barry, as the Flash, welcomed them. "This is Martian Manhunter, and that is the Black Canary who you have met before".

The boys looked around the cave that they were in, the group of teens they recognized from juvie; they gave a small wave to black canary.  Aqualad or as they met his as Kaldur approached them first. With a smile he reached his hand out to Wally who was closer.

"Hello, my name is Kaldur'ahm but you can call me Kaldur, I am Aqualad. We have Artemis, Red Arrow, Super Boy and Miss Martian" He reached out to Dick and shook his hand. 

"It's nice to meet you all," Wally told them, "I'm Kidflash and this is Robin". 

Miss Martian suddenly flew over and started talking really fast. "Hi, my name is Megan. I'm so happy to have new team mates. Do you like cookies?"

The two boys both cracked a smile at her bubbly demeanor. Wally was responding when Dick saw the Martian Manhunter eyes glow green. The smile on his face immediately disappeared. 

"Wally, the Martian is trying to get into our minds" Dick was now starring at Martian Manhunter, a frown on his face and a change of language. 

"What do you mean, she is right tin front of me" Wally asked still smiling.

"Not the girl, her uncle. He is trying to get into our minds, I can feel it" Dick said. 

Wally didn't turn around but could feel the small push against his mind. Dick, not wanting to draw attention started looking around as if checking out the cave.

"Hey what was that language that you just spoke in? I'v never heard it before." Artemis asked.

"Oh, its nothing much, I picked up the language through books and some people i'v encountered. I then taught Kidflash what I know so we can talk without anyone listening in. We sometimes talk in it without knowing but we will try not to." Dick explained. 

"Interesting, whats the language called?" Kaldur asked.

"Its called Xhosa, its a language from South Africa. Barely spoken anymore." Dick told them.

 "Well you'll have to teach it to us one day. That way if we get captured we could communicate without them knowing what were saying" Roy said. 

"What if we taught you Latin?" Wally asked, with a smirk, in Latin. 

"还是中文呢?" (Or how about Chinese) Dick asked with a shit eating grin. (I used google translate, sorry if I got it wrong) 

"So I want to ask and I don't want to at the same time" Artemis said looking between the two boys.

"Enough about languages, could we get a tour?" Wally asked reverting back to english.

"Yes! Thats a great idea, follow me" Megan said walking off into one of the tunnels. Wally and Dick close behind then the rest of the team leaving the adults in the main room.

Once Wally and Dick left the room the pressure in their minds stopped and they looked at each other silently communication to the other that they would talk about this when they got back to the mansion. They then tuned back into what Megan was saying about the mountain and the team.