10. First Day Out

Present time, POV 3

As the group of four made their way out of the center, they passed Kathryn who they promptly said goodby to before they exited the building.

The boys looked around, after not being allowed outside the center for 6 years they were quick to take in their surroundings. But what caught their eye was the long limo that sat on the curb. Both Bruce and Barry made their way over to the door when a butler came around to greet them.

When they got there the butler introduced himself as Alfred Pennyworth. The boys both greeted him very politely, and Alfred was a little shocked.

They made there way into the limo and Alfred made his way to the drivers seat, they then started their way to Wayne Manor.

-time skip-

When they arrived at the manor the boys were out of the car before Alfred could unfasten his seatbelt. The boys jaws dropped. The manor was huge.

"This place is huge" Wally breathes

Barry chuckles, "ya it is something"

When they walk inside the boys take in their new surroundings. They then get a tour of the bottom floor of the mansion, ending in the study. They were looking at all the items on the shelves, the books, and finally the grandfather clock. It was an old clock with a classy elegance to it. But one aspect the boys picked up on was the scuffed up floor below the clock as if it had been moved again and again.

They left that question alone having a good idea as to why. The group made their way outside for lunch after stopping in the kitchen. They found a beautiful place under a willow tree. Bruce and Barry were talking when they realized that the boys had vanished.

The boys after finishing their lunch decided to clim the tree since they haven't been able to for a while and they wanted to just enjoy the peace and quiet. They climbed up until they got to a branch that could support both their weight as well as being high enough to look over the entire grounds. They were enjoying each other's company when they heard Bruce and Barry move from their spots. The boys looked down to see them look around for something or someone.

They giggle a little realizing that they did not see or hear them climb the tree. After a while Alfred was called out. He looked up at the boys and raised and eyebrow. The two kids just put a finger to their lips, telling him to not give their spot away. He gave a subtle nod before turning to Bruce and Barry telling then to calm down.

The adults finally gave up and listened to Alfred and retired inside. They boys went back to looking at the grounds, it was really beautiful. Dick looked over at his boyfriend, thinking to himself how lucky he was before leaning over a giving him a kiss. Which soon turned to a make out session. They stopped and just snuggle for about 5 more minutes before, reluctantly, climbing down. By climbing down I mean they got down a few branches before flipping off and landing on their feet.

They walked inside to be meet with Alfred, smirking.

"And just where do you two run off too?" He questioned playfully

"We were just enjoying the view" Wally answered smiling

The butler just smiles at the two before leading the boys into the study where they found Bruce reading and Barry pacing. They both looked up when they heard Alfred cleared his throat.

"The young sir's have made their way back from their hiding spot. Just like I told you"

Bruce rolled his eyes at the 'told you so' comment. Barry stopped pacing and raced over, not super speed but close to it, and looked over the boys making sure they were not hurt. Wally, however, got a little uncomfortable with the adult, backing away a step and coming closer to Dick.