15. Ice Cream

This is a small filler chapter. Enjoy

The boys had just gotten to the ice cream parlor. They had gotten twenty bucks from Bruce before getting in the car with Alfred. Alfred dropped them at the front, it was a corner building with a old, charming feel to it. Dick and Wally walked inside and were met with the sugary smell of waffle cones and chocolate.

The inside was decorated in a 70's style. The walls were a light pastel pink, LED light were around the top of the room. The floors were black and white checkered and the booths that lined the walls were metallic rimmed and had red cushioned. The display counter was pink and metallic, on the wall behind it was a chalk board with all the flavor's. They had pops of color here and there, with a jukebox against one of the walls.

As the two made their way to the counter they saw a few groups of people at the tables . At a booth there were about five girls they all had cheer leader outfits on and were enjoying milkshakes, giggling and looking at their phones. At the other end of the room at a different booth, that seemed to be as far away from the girls as possible, sat a single girl, she was wearing high waisted jeans that faded from bleach white to light blue with a few rips, she had a grey sweater with a few bracelets on her arm. She had grey vans and a black backpack next to her. The thing that caught the twos attention though was her hair, it was chestnut brown and stopped at her shoulders only her hair had these horizontal rectangles of colors. It gave her this mysterious effect, she also had a skateboard next to her.

The boys made their way up to the counter and looked at the flavors on the chalk board. Once they had chosen flavors, Dick choosing salted Carmel and Wally who chose mint chip. They both got waffle cone and payed for it, making their way to one of the booths. They sat on the side were the girl was by herself verse the side with the cheerleaders, when they had sat down the door had opened, chiming from the bell above it alerting Dick and Wally. A group of what looked to be jocks came in.

They had walked over to the girl with the colored hair nocking her skateboard away and grabbing her bag. They had rummaged around in it and when they found nothing of interest they had dumped in on the table. Wally and Dick had had enough of what's was going on and stood up. They walked over to the booth they were at, Wally picking up the skate board.

"Do we have a problem here?" Dick asked as they got closer.

That got the boys attention. One of them had turned to them, he looked to be as though he was the leader. He was the biggest and the way he was standing made it seem as though he was trying to intimidate the boys. He was a good foot and a half taller than them and it they were any other kids they may have been intimidated but with the stuff they have been, but, they thought it was funny.

"What's it to you" He asked

"Well from where we were sitting it seemed as though you were bothering this girl" Wally stated.

"No, no, we're just playing around. We know her. Now go away." The kid said before turning around and continuing what he was doing.

"Well we can't go away, you're harassing a friend of ours" Dick had takes a step forward

"What do you mean friends, she's a freak. She has no friends" one of the other boys had said.

Wally was getting a little fed up, "She is definitely not a freak and you need to back off right now" he got up in the main bully's faces and made lightning flash in his eyes. The kid had seen this and his eyes widened. He took a step back before scoffing, "Fine, fine, we'll go. Freaks"

The group of jocks had gotten up and had left the building. The cheerleaders had gotten up right after and followed them out, leaving Dick and Wally and the girl. They helped her get her stuff and sat down across from her.

"Thank you" the girl had barely said it loud enough to be heard.

"Your welcome" Wally and Dick said in unison.

Her lips turned up in a small smile.

"So what's your name" Wally had started the conversation.

"Amy. What are yours?" The girl, now known as Amy, asked.

"Well he's Wally" one started, "And he's Dick" Wally finished.

"Now that introductions are over, how about a round of ice cream?" Dick asked Amy.

"That's awesome" and "oh, no thanks" were mixed as an answer. The boys pleaded with Amy for them to buy a round so they could get to know each other. Eventually, she caved and they got more ice cream, they talked for what seemed like hours but was barely one before Alfred had come inside and told them they had to go. Amy had wrote her number down on a napkin and handed it to them.

They waved and walked out. The ice cream trip had gained them a friend from the 'real world' as they liked to joke.

They got in the car and made their way back to the manor, they get to go out as super heroes tonight. To say they were excited was an understatement, they could barely sit still and when the car pulled up they jumped out before it came to a full stop, ran inside and stringy the to the bat cave. After Wally put the napkin in Dicks room of course.

They were ready to go out.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't update. I got back from camp and immediately was suffocated in home work. I already have the next chapter planned, so hang tight.
Happy reading
    -Author