-Chapter 22-

Lucas's POV-

"Lucas.." Gloria cooed. "What do you want?" I asked in my cold voice. "Lucas please don't hurt her.." Gloria said in worry with a mix of begged.

I honestly don't know what to say, i'm not gonna hurt her.. But it just hurt me knowing she's a person who i can never trust, deep in my heart, I really do wanted to trust her, but... She does not deserve to earn my trust.

There's still a whole in my body, a hole in my heart that cannot accept the fact and it hurt me. So bad.

"I know you're mad at her.. But Lucas she's different, don't blame her if she's a doctor, you know her story, she works for her family." Gloria stated. "She's a doctor, she's one of those who killed my paren--"

"She is a doctor! But she saved your UNCLE!!" Gloria yelled.

She didn't even let me finish, my blood boils in anger, I don't know why.. "I don't care!!" But I yelled something made her gasp out loud. "LUCAS!" Gloria yelled.

"Me and Ronaldo took care of you when your parents are gone! Feed you! And kept you for YEARS! and this is what you're going to say to me?! To Ronaldo!? To US!?" She tightens the word 'us'.

"I-I'm sorry it's just.. I--"

"Be matured enough to think that revenge won't solve anything Lucas, to think sapphire is not like others, and to watch your own mouth because Lucas!!" She stopped. "Sono deluso (I'm disappointed)" she added, as i heard the door was shut hardly.

"Damn it!" I quietly yelled. I rubbed my temples trying to calm myself in my situation. Why? Just why can't i do something to her? I want her out of my house... No. I don't want her to go.. I buried my face on my bed, banging my head continuously on my pillow, punching it.

"Why do you have to be a doctor?!" I asked myself, i let out a loud groan. Heart aching. My mind diverted to my Uncle Ronaldo. "Is he... Okay now? Is he awake?" I held my head in distress. I cursed underneath my breath.

"I have so many questions to ask.. But i just can't?! Cause I'm being an asshole to everyone in here!!" I let out a loud groan, I stood up from my bed, grabbing my cane who was just right beside me and walk out of my room.

I got out, and heard Gabriel's voice in the kitchen, he was listening to 'I want it that way' by backstreet boys, while singing along with it i can hear the sizzling sound and can smell the delicious food of what he was cooking.

"Tell me whyy?
Ain't nothing but a heartache
Tell me why?
Ain't nothing but a mistake
Tell me whyy?
I never wanna hear you sayy~
I want it that way--" he stopped suddenly i heard a gasp.

"Lucas! Dear? What are you doing there?! You scared me!" He said. I didn't reply nor said a single word "Are you hungry? Thirsty?" He asked. "Where's Uncle Ronaldo?" I asked. "He's in the other hall, in the other guest room." He said, i nodded and walked out of the kitchen.

I searched for the other guest room's knob, but I stopped. What will i do if sapphire's in there? And aunt Gloria? I let breathe out. Just act natural, keep it professional. Suddenly i heard the door clicked, made me panic a little.

-Clicked!-

"L-Lucas.." It was sapphire. 'i knew it.' I said in my thoughts, I rubbed my temples. "Look sapphire i don--" "You're here to see your uncle Ronaldo, right? It's okay Lucas.. I know you're stress right now.." She said, I notice her voice.. Lowering.. And.. Saddening..

I felt her shoulder slightly hit mine, she moves away from the door and walk pass through me. I was about to walk in suddenly I stopped when I heard her say something. "I'll go." She said, as i heard her steps getting further. 'Sapphire..'

I got inside, as i closed the door as soon as i got in i locked the door, suddenly. "LUCAS!" I heard uncle Ronaldo, yelling my name, happily. "Do you want grapes? Biscuits? Are you thirsty?" He asked, I don't know why he was such in a good mood, but my smile widens hearing him happy. "Why do you care for me? I should be asking you that?" Lucas release a slight chuckle.

"Oh my boy! I have never felt so strong in my whole life! I thought i was going to die! If it weren't for sapphire i might be dead!" Uncle Ronaldo said, my smile faded hearing her name. "Lucas.. Sapphire is a good girl.." I felt his hands holding mine. "You can trust her." He said, but I quickly shook my head.

"No.." I stopped. "I can't.. She's good, she cured you, I'm happy that she did, but for me.. I just can't trust a doctor, i just can't forgive those lying bastards, I know that she's different but.. I just can't help myself to think that every doctor are my enemies." I said.

"Is sapphire? An enemy to you?" Uncle Ronaldo ask, made me quiet. I don't know how to answer that? Is she an enemy? "Are you going to hurt her?" Ronaldo ask calmly, he wasn't scared anything, but he was calm. Why? Why is he so calm?

I don't know what to answer, i never hate her.. I just dislike her.. When my mind keep telling me not to trust someone like her, my heart keep looking for her, she's just so special? Special than others. "No." I answered.

"But.. I might will never talk to her."

-To be continued-

-Don't Forget to vote, comment and follow!
-please keep supporting me!
-thank you very, very much!