Chapter 7: "this... is not what it looks like"

It was almost like they had been snapped back into reality, the eye contact the Diablo and the man-tiger had was short lived.
But somehow felt more real and held more power then the other times it had happened.

The door opened and there stood Gin and Higuchi with a few week old baby, they looked more stressed then anything else and they were quick to push themselves into the room without Dazai or anyone else inviting them inside.

While everyone was distracted by the new guests and the newborn in Higuchi's hands,  Akutagawa slowly made his way over to the door which was wide open.

"Akutagawa.... Don't even think about it." Gin spoke but the man only looked at her, his gaze was softer when he looked at her,  but that didn't stop him from wondering I could leave. He sighed as the thought crossed his mind.

"There's no use trying to get out. Ōgai sent us with a warning, he said he will kill us if you escape... it isn't about the fact it's me or Higuchi, I just believe you should just stay here... there's no way we would win against Ōgai..."

Silence lingered, he was hesitant but lowered his head. "I won't leave."

He looked everywhere but at Higuchi, she was so happy to see him; that much was clear but the thin male only narrowed his eyes with annoyance. It looked as if he was feeling unwell again, he walked over to Atsushi and ran his hand over his shoulder shocking him into looking directly at him. "Ryounoskue...?"

Something seemed odd about him, but Atsushi didn't stop to think about what it was as a sudden cry sounded throughout the room, Dazai was quick to grasp the baby.

But nothing was said by the port mafia members other then the short conversation between Gin and her older brother.

They soon left. Leaving nothing but an awkward silence to linger...

Dazai cradled the child within his arms and looked at her closely. She had short brown hair and gorgeous bright green eyes, she looked normal enough.

This being said she seemed to need attention from someone at all given times and if she was left alone for even a minute she'd cry out and scream the place down, Dazai had never held a child before but it seemed like he had a hidden talent of being able to comfort her... maybe it was because of the goofy faces he'd pull.

"I already need a drink-" Dazai was about to say but the child began to scream out again. "Hey why don't you hold her. Daddy?" The brunette teased and laughed as he watched chuuya's face screw up with frustration. He was more then confused as to what was happening. He walked over to the letter and read it... realising the situation quickly. "Don't even start with that sort of shit. I'm not even going to hol-"

"Excuse me!" Akutagawa cut through both of them with panic as his body jolted and he almost tripped over his own feet.
"Ryunosuke?" The small red haired male spoke as he seemed like the thin male before him had lost balance, he was quick to lend him his shoulder and help him stand up straight. "Whats wrong?" Chuuya asked and the male groaned. "I felt nauseous, I'm- I'm ok now."

He broke away from the man's help and sat down onto the sofa, he rubbed his forehead with irritation before looking up, Atsuhsi stared directly at him.
I want to ask him if he's ok... but... I don't want to start to annoy him. The white haired male thought as Ryunosuke still didn't look well.

Dazai and Chuuya seemed to be occupied as Dazai passed over the child to Chuuya and then was passed back the child. They were bickering amongst each other clearly not wanting to deal with the stress of a baby.

"W..w..wait shouldn't you take the baby into the room and see if there's anything which she can sleep in? Me and Akutagawa will stay here incase kyoka and yosano turn up." It seemed like a good idea and excuse to get Ryunosuke alone with him and so Dazai and chuuya wondered into their room and left the 2 others within the open front room.

"Are you ok?" Atsushi asked innocently and the man only looked at him with confusion. "Yes? Why do you ask?"

"You felt nauseous didn't you? Well since yesterday you still didn't look all that well... maybe you should have the injection." The tiger gifted wondered over to the bin within the kitchen area and didn't hesitate to unpack the the syringe, it already had liquid within it and it was clearly something to do with a human.

"Atsushi..." Akutagawa coughed as he leaned forward and breathed deeply, his legs were spread and it was obvious he had become weak and frail again. "Where do I inject you?"

"Don't." The Diablo seemed serious but he didn't hold his eye contact. it was almost as if he was lying to the male before him. "I am fine."
The tiger gifted frowned with annoyance, before holding the injection before himself. "What even is this?? Is this blood?"

"What does it matter? I am not taking it."

"Well I'm curious? So tell me Akutagawa, is it blood? If so whose?" The boy moved the liquid around in the tube and watched it, it was thick and fresh.

"It does not matter or concern you..." he cupped his mouth before unfastening his collar a little. "I feel faint. So please just get me some water..."

It was clear that Atsushi hesitated, amd thought about the situation.. but decided to ignore the males wishes instead he gritted his teeth proceeding to charge  over to Akutagawa. He didn't think. Nor did he want to...
Before he was even aware of what he was doing he had climbed above him, looking down on him while he hovered over his lap.

"Where do I inject you?" The man-tiger asked as Ryunosuke still looked up with him with shock and discomfort. "W..what?" He stuttered shocked by the action.

"Where do I inject you? Tell me!" He held onto Rynosuke's arm and held the injection with his other hand.. the male coughing even more now as he had clearly started to panic.

"N..no? Why are you on top of me? Get of-" before he could even finish his sentence the black haired male had pushed the younger male off him; all the while Atsushi insisted on holding onto the man before him; even after he was pushed away the male still remained above him.

"Get off me!" The port Mafia member grasped onto the boys arms as it just so happened that he ended up above him, his legs trapping him and also holding him down, making him vulnerable in front of his enemy, the purple eyes of nakajima stared down to him and smirked.

"Ha-" but before he could continue his sentence he was met with a hard back handed slap across his face.
Unknowingly the obnoxious male had caught part of the tiger boys clothes ripping open his shirt.

Atsushi held his hand to his face, he looked pained as he whispered "I just want to help you. I saw you yesterday and I don't want you to be alone or feel uncomfortable here... please let me help you Ryunosuke..."

"You needn't worry! I have told you before have I not?"

The door had creaked open and Dazai and Chuuya walked out of the room oblivious to what had been happening before them.

Akutagawa was quick to speak and he surprisingly blushed while pushing Atsushi even further away from him. "It's not what it looks like!"

"Hm.." Dazai laughed while he looked at how surprised yet amused his subordinate was looking, while he looked over to his enemy.

But as soon as the Awkwardness has began it had faded as the door to the suite once again sounded.

To be continued...
Sorry this is rushed and shitty, not exactly one of my best days today!