Chapter 8: Exhusted parents

Both Dazai and Chuuya, didn't move and so Atsushi got straight up and brushed himself down, he held his shirt closed as he didn't have time to fix everything but he was more focused on the guests so he rushed over to the door. He found Kyoka and Dr Yosano holding a toddler instead of a new born.  He was very small and could barley walk.

There was something different about him, he held a strange Ora; his clothes were crackling almost like the fabric was admitting electricity, it was clear that he was old enough to speak a few words but he was very quiet and somewhat emotionless.. his hair was silver and short making his eyes bright and unique..as well as purple.
He looked up to Akutagawa who had annoyingly joined the man-tiger.

"Come." The thin male reached out his hand and grasped hold of the toddler "there's no need to be afraid, we are kind."
Instantly they both knew something about each other, the child's eyes widened as he reached out and almost cried with confusion. The Diablo knelt down and stared at the child intensely he saw from his frowning face that he was lonely. "I'll look after you."

"Daddy?" The child choked out but from the sudden words the black haired male got to his feet sinking his hands deep into his pockets and walking away leaving him to look on.... He didn't know to to respond to such words.

"T..thank you kyoka." Atsushi hugged her and smiled. "I've missed you so much! Is Yosano looking after you? How's Kunikida?" The young male asked joy in his voice. "I should be out of here soon, I can't wait to come back to the agency!! I'm missing it so much."

"They are ok." She was quick to answer.

"Good." He smiled and looked down to the helpless child, he was lonely, he stood staring at Rynosuke who had left him.

"Can you tell me any background about the boy?" Atsushi asked but just as Kyoka was about to answer the question Dr Yosano stopped her and grasped her arm. "Let's go kyoka."
Kyoka smiled shyly as she realised she probably wasn't allowed to be speaking this much, instead Yosano decided to say something.

"We aren't allowed to tell you anything."

They both turned away before making their way outside and closing the apartment door shut.

I didn't like that interaction. Atsushi thought as he looked down to the toddler beside him.... The child was so antisocial.

"Dazai....?" The voice sounded panicked but somewhat confused, "Chuuya what's wrong?" The brunette asked as he had only just realised his ex partner had disappeared, he wondered into the room and and looked around. The same question popped into his head making them look over to each other awkwardly.

"Where has she gone?" The taller male sighed heavily as he closed his eyes and decided to walk into the other bedroom just next to theirs, but to his surprise the new born wasn't there. "This isn't funny Chuuya. We actually have a responsibility here."

"I'm not joking you asshole!" The red haired male yelled crossing his arms and allowing his body to relax. "Maybe they didn't tell us something.. we are gifted after all, do you think they would have given us a gifted child?"

"A newborn?" The Armed Detective agency member groaned "I don't think they can use their ability fully when they are that young." He tilted his head back and almost jumped out of his skin.. "erm... Chuuya, I think I've found her." He pointed above himself... and laughed.

"You have got to be kidding me!!" The red haired male almost yelled as he saw the child floating around the room with a reddish light around her, she just so happened to start crying loudly.

"Gravity manipulation." Dazai tried to reach upto her but was finding it hard as the ceiling was too high, "here.. if you get on my shoulde-" Chuuya was just about to suggest but dazai snickered with amusement. "Can't you just use your ability and float up to her?"