Chapter 25: familiar face

They ended up falling back to sleep for a few hours.

It was getting to around 4 o'clock in the afternoon, Chuuya and Dazai sat speaking to eachother.

They started to think about packing their stuff up together and about the fact they wouldn't be staying much longer, it wasn't obvious at first glance but Chuuya stared at his partner with upset in his eyes.

"It's a shame." The fiery red haired male looked away, resting his head on his hand as he sighed harshly. "we'll go back to being enemies again after this, fighting each other and not being as close... no one would ever think that we were inseparable in here..."

Dazai smirked running his hand through the ginger strands of Nakahara's hair, he knew he'd miss him too... "That's how it had to be, it was last time... but who says this project won't happen again with someone else in the future? Are you telling me Atsushi and Akutagawa have become like us? I'm sure they both still hate eachother... one week wasn't enough for them to form an unbreakable bond."

Chuuya nodded leaning into the bandaged male and resting his head into his neck... it was a conflicting moment, silent for a while until the smaller male laughed. "Do you think they did it?"

Dazai looked at him with a disgusted face. "Well it sounded- ugh..." the taller male swallowed hard actually realising how uncomfortable the situation just was. "That's none of our business Chuuya!~" He sang. "But who knows... I have seen that same look on your face a few times... I never expected to see that look on Akutagawa's face while gazing into the Nakajima's eyes."

He cringed. "It feels as if I've just left my child in there with someone I am not comfortable wirh..."

"Shut up! Akutagawa isn't as horrible as he looks, it also annoys me that you'd look at him long enough to realise that's what he intended on doing... You asshole!"

Just at that moment the door swung open and both Atsushi and Akutagawa walked out of the room, this being said none of them spoke to one and other and the silver haired male went to the bathroom and began to run a bath...

Akutagawa looked over to him before sinking his hands into his pockets and slowly following behind him. He sat on the other side of the fabric separating the bathroom with the rest of the suite...

The silence was uncomfortable, It was almost like it was back to day one of being stuck together, the tension between the port Mafia member  and the armed Detective Agency's tiger was so thick it could have been cut by a knife.

After the silver haired male got a bath and got changed Akutagawa followed soon after him, bathing in the same water, even though he was very reluctant to get washed as it was well known between the three others that ryunosuke hated baths.

The four of them remained relatively quiet, not speaking for the next 3 hours...

Chuuya and Dazai snuggled up together on the sofa reading a book and just enjoying eachother's company, they were reading the book that Atsushi had picked up a few days before, the only difference was that they were aware of the author... "isn't this the book Akutagawa wrote?" Dazai questioned....
or maybe it was Ranpo...  "I'm not so sure..."

As the brunette dazed lost in thought for a while he was shocked to hear the door, someone was aggressively knocking and then a letter was passed under the door, it was passed under aggressively and also had a lollipop attached to it....

The two sat on the sofa were reluctant to move and because of this the silver haired male almost tripped over to the door and read the letter..

as he began to read it he realised that the writer of the letter wasn't going to leave out any embarrassment and so Atsushi turned bright red while continuing to read on...

"Read it out loud Nakajima!" Chuuya spoke as he laid between dazai's legs still holding onto the book.

"A..ah it's nothing really, it just says we are going out for a drink tonight to celebrate" the silver haired male scratched behind his ear with nervousness as Akutagawa walked over and read it through, his eyes widened with annoyance...
he looked up to the ceiling and narrowed his eyes as he scanned the room.
"Does this place have camera's?"

"Who knows? Maybe someone is watching us 24/7" Dazai laughed causing the thin male to narrow his eyes and grasp hold of Atsushi's arm, it was a tight yet almost possessive grasp. "That is sick!"

Maybe the writer is Ranpo? Or could it be Poe?... maybe this isn't the book Atsushi was reading after all? The male found himself wondering.... before snapping back into reality and continuing the conversation. "I get it." The brunette ran his hand over chuuya's chest annoying the male before him.
"OI! Dazai!!! Get off me!"

"Being filmed is pretty disgusting, but they only say things within letters to annoy you.. after all there's nothing more embarrassing then being told someone is watching your very move... it was the same with me and Chuuya. I guess we now understand why we are going out and celebrating."

The pair opposite them stared gone out with confusion. As if to say "huh?"

"But we haven't-". They said in sink.

"Well, you must have done something... why else would you be so bothered about camera's if you haven't done anything sexual to yourself or eachother?" The bandaged male got to his feet and sighed heavily. "Well then Nakahara! Let's go and get changed." He winked, "I think tonight maybe the last night here!"

Atsushi blushed intensely as he could feel Ryuunosuke's gaze staring at him... no, will they make us do it tonight?? But... I didn't want to do it so soon... I mean- I want to but....

"Y..yeah let's get changed!" He broke the embarrassment as he moved away from the slightly taller male.

A few hours had passed by, the four of them went to a nearby club and sat down... they sat on a longish table which was all full with all different types of liquor pre-bought for them all along with four lavish meals fit for royal guests.

It didn't take then long to sit and start to eat... woah this is high quality food! Not even I can afford this! Chuuya thought as he began to dig into the meal.

Unknown to them that there was a familiar face watching from the shadows, his green eyes showing as he laughed with amusement....

To be continued...

Who do you think the familiar face is?