7. Pac Man

Of course, last period of the day is once again, science. I'm waking towards my class with Cameron. His class is not far away from mine. We stop in front of the door of my class.

« I'll text you tonight? »

« Sure! I have no friends anyway so I'm always free. » he says while winking. We both laugh.

« Move » we both get push by Shawn passing between us to get in the class.

« Wow. Someone had a bad day. » I say and roll my eyes.

« Haha! Good luck with him! » Cameron leave me and I enter into the class. I go sit at my desk, next to Shawn.

« Dude what's your problem? » I asks him. He looks at me with an angry face.

« Oh don't worry! I act like that because I'm a jerk. Obviously. »

I gulp. I'm a 100 percent sure that he heard me talking to Hannah this morning.

« Shawn listen, it's no- » I get cut off by the teacher entering the class.

« Quiet Please! »

The teacher takes the attendance and I'm trying to get Shawn's attention.

« Shawn I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. » I whisper.

« Look you have to right to have no interest in me but I'm not a jerk okay. I don't care what you think. You don't know me! If someone's a jerk it's that Cameron guy you're hanging with. »

Cameron? A jerk?

« What? » I say, confuse.

« Maddison! Quiet! » says miss Genevieve.

I take a line sheet and start writing on it.

What do you mean Cameron's a jerk? What happened between you two?

I discreetly hand him the sheet. He doesn't even bother looking at it.

« Please. » I whisper.

He sighs and read. His eyes gets darker.

« None of your business. » he mouthed.

He opens his book at the page we're suppose to read and ignore me. I feel bad. I open my book too. I can't focused. All I'm thinking about is Shawn. I need to apologize to him but he won't let me. I keep glancing at him but he refuse too look at me.

« Ok I will give you back your copies from yesterday. I corrected them and I want you to look at them. I'll give you 5 minutes to check it with your partner. » announced the teacher.

Shawn won't have the choice but to talk too me. I take my chair and put it in front of his desk. Miss Genevieve gives us our copy.

« Good job Guys! »

10/10

I smile at my teacher and she goes to another team.

« Shawn I'm sorry. Please talk to me. »

« Why do you even want to apologize to me? I'm just a jerk who isn't worth your attention. »

« I-I don't like to know that you're mad at me. »

« Oh right sorry you're miss angel who can't have anyone be mad at them! You can't support the fact that someone could actually hate you. Am I right? »

My heart sink. I hate to admit it but a part of what he said is true. I don't like to know that someone hate me. I do everything I can to not disturb anyone. I've never thought it was a bad thing before but he makes it sound really selfish.