15. Conversation

I get inside my house. It's my first fight with Shawn since we're together. I feel like I hurt him but of course that was not my purpose. I know that there's something that he's not telling me. Something bigger behind all of this. A scar still present that I touched without realizing it. I just hope he will let me know what happen. I have the feeling that all of this is related with Rose. He reacted the same way today and the day that I asked him about Rose. He had the same look on his face.

« What are you doing? » I raise my head and see Laurel sitting on the couch.

« You've literally been in the house for 5 minutes and you haven't take off your coat yet. » She continues.

I take off my coat and her being there reminds me that I need to ask her about Jessica. I sit next to her.

« Laurel? »

« Yeah? »

« Did things went back to normal with Jessica? » I ask, knowing the answer. I look at her face and see her eyes watering.

« No. it's worse.» She says quietly so that her voice don't crack.

« she insults me every occasion she can. I don't know what to do! » She continues.

« Sometimes in life you'll just have to be with those kind of people. Those toxic people who will make fun of you because they don't have enough confidence in them. So they'll rather put you down then trying to love themselves. In those time, the better thing to do is just to ignore them. If that's how they want to proceed in life, then fine. Just go make new friends. »

« Easier said than done! And it still hurts. I can just ignore her but I still hear what she says. I'm still hurt inside! »

« Then either believe in yourself than she's saying that without any good reasons or confront her. »

« I don't know. » she says and wipe her tears.

« I know. Just go see the new girl in your class. »

« How do you know that there's a new girl in my class? » She asks with a confused tone.

« She's the sister of a new boy in my class. »

« A new boy uh? So you're close to him if you know his sister? » She asks and smirk.

« One minute you're crying and the next you're asking me about a boy! Good try but I'm not telling you anything about who he is. » I say and stand up.

« Oh come on! »

« Nope! » I say and leave to go in my room.

Im glad I talked to my sister. I just hope everything will be okay. Like that maybe she'll start a friendship with Aaliyah and then both my sister and Aaliyah won't be alone anymore. That's at least one good news today. I know I'll have to talk with Shawn but I think I'll let him time to reflect before saying anything. I take my phone out of my back pocket and lay on my bed. I have a message.

Cameron: hey. Do you know where is Hannah?

Me: Sorry I was with her at a hockey game! She should be home in a few minutes.

Cameron: actually... I just wanted to make sure she wasn't with you...

Me: Why?

Cameron: does Hannah has a crush on someone?

Me: Idk. Why should I tell you? And why do you wanna know ? 😏