9. Weird dreams and sister bonds

Shawn gets closer to me. He smiles widely. I smile back at him. We're a few inches from each other. He looks down at me. My heart starts racing. I know that it's gonna happen. This time he won't pull away. He takes one of my locks and put it behind my ear still looking in my eyes. There's tension in the air. His lips touches mine slowly. He pulls away slowly.

« Maddison? »

That was not Shawn's voice. I quickly open my eyes and see the whole class looking at me. I blush. It was just a dream.

« Didn't got enough sleep last night? » asks my teacher with a smirk. He's not mad at least.

« Sorry. » I say and look down.

« Try to focus please. » He goes back to teaching grammar.

I can't believe that I just dreamt that Shawn was kissing me. I need to just forget about him. He pulled away for a reason. He's not interested in me.

I try to think about something else but it's hard. I always seem to over analyze everything. Boy this is gonna be a long day.

                                * * *

Finally I can go back home. I get in the car where Morgan, my older sister is already sitting in front. She's looking at her phone, not paying any attention to me. That's one advantage of having sisters that don't care so much about you. You can be hurt inside and it's easy to hide. Sometimes I just wished I could say everything to them. But I don't really want to. I'm confusing I know.

My younger sister also gets in the car a few minutes later, followed by my mom who looks worried. My sister get in the car and avoid me.

« Laurel you're okay? » I ask her.

« I'M FINE! Stop being so worried about me and mind your OWN damn business! » she says angrily.

« Laurel! Respect your sister!» says my mom.

« Mom what's up with her? » Ask Morgan.

« I don't know. Let her be angry. She'll talk when she'll be ready. »

My mom starts the car and we get out of the parking lot. I glance back at my little sister. I think I saw a tear coming out of her eye but she quickly wipes it off. I act like I haven't seen anything. I'll talk to her later.

The ride is silent. My mom tries to asks us about our day but we don't talk a lot.

We get home and my sister both run into their rooms. I sigh and go in mine. I'll go talk to Laurel later. I do my homework and then watch an episode of Jane the virgin. I love this series. When it's over, I decide to go talk to my little sister. I knock at her door.

« Laurel? It's me. »

« What do you want? » She answers through the door. I know by hearing her voice that she has been crying.

« I want your opinion on something. It's really important. Open the door please. »

I wait for her to respond but she doesn't. I was about to head back to my room when I suddenly hear her get up to open the door.

« Come in.»

I quickly enter before she changes her mind.

« What do you think of this shirt? » I say pointing my outfit.

« It's okay. »

« Okay thanks. »

« That's all? » She asks while looking at her phone.