19. Catch

I suddenly wake up at the sound of a iPhone taking a picture. I open my eyes and see Morgan taking a picture of me and Shawn. Oh shit. How long have we been asleep?

« Morgan? What are you doing here? » I ask and blush. My heart is racing. I can't believe my sister just say me cuddling with Shawn.

« Bah. Last period was PE. I didn't want to go so I skipped class. »

Shawn besides me slowly wakes up. He immediately jump out of his seat when he realize that someone is there.

« Hey sleeping beauty. I'm Morgan. Maddie's sister. »

« H-Hi. » says Shawn.

« So, Will you tell me what are you doing here alone with a boy? » asks my sister with a smirk.

« We skipped class. It's no big deal. » I say nervous as hell.

« Ummm. Yeah. It is a big deal for you. You've never skipped a class. What's up with you? And who is he? »

« That's Shawn... my... »
I say looking at him. Should I tell the truth? I'm sick of lying to everyone. I know I should wait to tell Hannah but I just need to say it out loud.

« My boyfriend. »

« Your boyfriend? You . You have a boyfriend?? » asks my sister not believing me.

« Yeah. »

« Wow! I always thought Laurel would have one before you. »

« Gee thanks. » I say rolling my eyes.

« You know what I mean! »

« Yeah well whatever. » I say akwardly.
There's an uncomfortable silence. Morgan seems to reflect and I can see Shawn beside me who is really nervous.

« I-I think I'll go. » he finally says.

« Yeah good idea. » I walk him to the door and he gives me a kiss on the forehead before leaving. I head towards my room.

« Wait Maddie. » says Morgan.

« What? » I say exhausted.

« I- I just don't understand. This is so unlike you to skip school and have a secret boyfriend! »

« Well maybe you don't know me that well. » I let out. I'm about to leave again.

« Wait! » she stops me again.

« What? »

« How did you meet him? »

« At a hockey game... and he's also Hannah's step brother? » I say, scared of her reaction.

« What?!! You go out with her step brother??! » her eyes widened.

« Yes. »

« Did she present you to him or what?

« Well... she doesn't even know that he's my boyfriend. »

She jumps out of her seat.
« Are you crazy??!! You HAVE to tell her! She's your best friend! »

« You think I don't know that?! » I say sitting on the couch. I feel like this conversation isn't over. She sits back next to me.

« What are you waiting for?? »

« I-I don't know. I'm scared! My friendship is at sake! What if she doesn't forgive me for not telling her sooner? »

« She will! She's your best friend. But the more you wait the worst you make it. »