11. Secrets

« Okay bye dad! Love you! »

I leave the car and ring the doorbell at Shawn/Hannah's house. It's the first time that I come to this house to see someone else than Hannah. It feels weird. The door opens and I see Shawn.

« hey come in! »

I enter the house. I realized that me and Shawn are gonna be alone in this house. I'm getting a little bit nervous by this.

« Have you eaten? » He asks.

« Yeah. »

« Oh okay you can go in my room I'll just make something to eat. My room was the guest room before so I guess you know where it is. » I nod and head towards his room. I'm excited to see what he did with it.

I open the door and see that the colors of the walls changed. They are now green and one of them is grey. I like the vibe of his room. I see a lot of hockey stuffs like trophies and hockey player on the wall. As I look around, I notice something in the corner of his room. It's a guitar. My fingers brushes the cords slightly. I didn't know he could play the guitar. His room is telling me more about him than he ever let me know. I've kind of entered this Shawn universe where I can see what type of person he is. I pick up the guitar to take a better look at it. It's really pretty. As I touch the wood, I notice that there's something engraved on it. I try to look at it with a different angle.

Follow your dreams - Rose

Rose. That names remember me something. Then it hit me.

Rose.

The girl from his Instagram account. This Rose girl must be really important to him if he has a guitar than I guess she gave him.

« What The hell are you doing?! Put that back!! »

My heart skipped a beat. Shawn takes the guitar from my hand, angrily. His face is all red.

« I told you to go in my room! Not to TOUCH everything! »

« I-I'm Sorry. I was just curious. »

Shawn must notice that my voice is trembling because his face immediately soften. He sighs.

« It's okay. Just... don't do it again. »

I nod and look down. We both remain silent for a moment.

« So you play the guitar? »

« Yeah. » he says a pass a hand through his hair.

« Can you sing? »

« I guess. » He says and shrugs. I haven't pictured Shawn as the music kind of guy.

« We should start working on the project. » He says

« Yeah of course. » I put my bag down and take my books. I sit next to him on his bed. It has a sweet smell. It smells like man but also really sweet. I'm a bit uncomfortable. I didn't want to make him upset. But I'm just even more curious about Rose now. I need to know who she is. We start working on the project but my mind isn't there.

« Okay what is it? » asks Shawn, putting his pen down.

« What? »

« You're not focus. What's on your mind? »

« Well... you're probably gonna be mad if I ask. »

« Just ask so we can focus on the project. »

« Who is Rose? »

He looks down.

« I-I can't answer this. I'm sorry. »