18. House tour

« So that's my house. » I say entering my house with Shawn next to me. We were cold after going ice skating so I thought I could show him my house while nobody's here. We take our coat and boots off.

« Can I see your room? » he asks.

« sure. » we go upstairs and I show him my bedroom.

« It's pretty basic as you can see. » I say and watch him looking around. The walls of my room are white except for one that has a big mural of flowers on it.

« It's nice. Did you paint it? » he says looking at the mural.

« Haha! no. I'm not good enough to paint something like this. My older sister Morgan paint it.»

« You have an older sister? I thought you only had a younger one!»

« Well her and I aren't exactly the closest person ever so that's why you've never heard of her.»

«How old is she?»

« She's a year older than me.»

« Good to know.» he says ans nod.

« Anyway. My room is not interesting so...»
I Say while heading to the door to see something else.

« No, it is interesting! I've never seen your house before. I wanna know where you live. I can know you more. Like I didn't know you had an older sister. » he says with a smile.

« Okay then let's see the rest of the house. »

I show him the principal room like the living room and the kitchen. I finish the tour by our living room downstairs.

« So that's it! Told you it wasn't interesting » I say.

« Wait you have a piano? » he says and approaches the instrument. He touches some notes carefully.

« Yeah. My mom used to love playing it. She doesn't have a lot of time anymore but she plays it when she can. »

« Can you play something? » he asks.

« Well I can play something. » I sit down and start playing a whole new world from the Aladdin movie. I don't remember it exactly but it turns out not so bad. After I finish he claps with a playfully smile.

« What? Okay, I'm not that good but don't laugh! »

« No! It's just that, of all the songs that you could play, why this one in particular? » he says and laugh a little bit.

« Because it's the only song I know! I was obsessed with the movie when I was younger! So it was the only thing that would motivate me to try to learn. »

He just laughs as an answer.

« Okay stop! I would love to see you do better! »

« Sure. » he says and sits down next to me. He starts playing another melodie. It's something I've never heard before. He then starts singing.

« I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say
We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party »

He hits the last note and I stay there amazed. I didn't know he could play the piano. Plus, his voice is angelic. I never knew he had such a talent.

« Wow. You're incredible ! What song is this? I don't know it. »

He smiles shyly.

« Yeah. It's normal if you don't know it. I wrote it. »

« You wrote that? » I ask amazed.

« Yeah. It's not quite finished yet. »

« OMG Shawn this is amazing! You never told me you could write songs! »

« I haven't told anyone yet. I really like singing and I thought maybe I could have a career in that field. But I don't know if I'm good enough. »

« Of course you are! If you work hard I'm sure you can make it. Your voice is incredible and I'm sure that if you finish that song you could try to record it.»

He smiles and kisses me slowly before pulling away.

« What hour is it? » he asks. I look at my phone.

« 1 o'clock. Are you hungry? We haven't eat yet. »

« Yes. »

We go upstairs and I make sandwiches. Pretty basic but it's the only thing I know how to do. We sit down at the table and start eating.

« Wow you're a real chef! » he says.

« I know! Now appreciate. » I say taking a bite of my sandwich. We finish our plate quickly because a sandwich isn't long to eat.

« Do you wanna watch a movie? » I ask him.

« Yes, please! My legs are so tired. »

« Pff! You weren't the one who fell multiple times and made a complete fool of yourself. » I say and look down, blushing.

« You didn't look like a fool.» he says and gets closer to me. He raises my chin.

« You never look like a fool. » he whispers before kissing me. I get this fire in my chest. This urge to kiss him passionately. This quickly escalates into a makeout session. It's exciting but scary. We then pull away. We look at each other in the eyes, our chest both moving quickly trying to catch our breath.

« Wow. » he says and smirk.

« shut up» I say and blush.

«How about we watch that movie? » he says and laughs.

« Yep. Good idea.» I stand up and go in the living room to open the movie. I open Netflix and look at the suggestions. He follows me and we sit on the couch.

« What do you want to watch? » I ask.

« I don't know you can choose.»

« You're sure? »

« Yeah. As long as you're with me it doesn't matter. » He says and takes my free hand in his. I look at him for a moment. How did I ever get so lucky to end up with this boy?

« What?» he asks.

« Nothing. » I say and look back at the screen to choose a movie. I choose Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix. I rest my head on Shawn's shoulder and he puts his arms around me. It makes me feel secure and cozy. We cuddle all long of the movie. The movie plays and we're both so tired that we eventually fall asleep.