23. Like living a dream

« Thanks for waiting for me! » I say catching up with Cameron. The first bell just rang and we have a few minutes to get to our class.

« So about Shawn.. » he begins.

« Yeah? »

« Is he... is he really that mad at me? You don't understand how guilty I feel everyday about this whole story. I would just like things to go back the way they were. »

« Oh. I mean I talked to him about that. He just still hold that pains. But I'm sure that deep down he still truly cares about you. Your love for one person can't just go away like that. »

« Could you... nah never mind I can't ask you that.» he says and shakes his head

« Ask me what? »

« it's not important. »

« Yeah it is! Tell me. » i say and he sighs.

« Could you try to talk to him? About me? I mean I would really love to get back the friendship I had with him. Just put things in the past. » The looks on his face makes me believe that he really mean that. I've never seen Cameron like this.

« Yes of course! I talk to him. I'll try to arrange something! » I say and smile softly at him. I'm happy that he tries to get back his friendship. I think Shawn really needs him.

« Thank you so much! I really appreciate. »

« hey but you have to do something for me. »

« What? »

« Promise me you'll take care of Hannah? »

« Of course. I would never want to hurt her. »

"I hope so!"

"I really like her. I wouldn't have asked her on a date otherwise."

"Awwwn. About that, where are you taking her?" I ask him as we enter our class. He's about to ask me when the bell rings.

"You'll have to find out later." He says with a smirk. I don't know that guy for such a long time but I feel like he's planning something good.

***
"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Ask Shawn, nervous as I've never seen him. We get out lunch and head towards the cafeteria.

"Yes! I'm telling you. Cameron asked me this morning if he could do something with you and Hannah forgave me! I really want you to meet my friends. It's important for me." I say and look at him with puppy eyes.

"Ugh don't look at me like that! How can I resist you?" He says and gives me a quick kiss.
I smile at him. I know this is a big deal for him. He's gonna be at the same table than Cameron for the first time in like a year. Of course it's gonna bring back some memories. And he's propably still nervous because of Hannah. I'm sure he still thinks that what happened is his fault. I'm glad he's making the effort for me. Plus Myla and Sara are dying to meet him.

We finally get to our usual table. Everyone's eyes widen when they see us.

« hey guys, Shawn will be eating lunch with us that's okay? » I say looking at each one of them. Hannah gives me a big smile. Myla and Sara looks shook but happy. Cameron seems nervous as hell. We sit down. I sit next to Sara and Shawn sits next to me. Across me there's Myla, Cameron and Hannah.

«It's so nice to meet you Shawn! I'm Sara and this is Myla. I'm pretty sure you already know Hannah. And this is Cameron. »

« Hi! It's nice to finally meet you too! » he says and looks at everyone. His cheeks are all red which I find extremely cute. There's an awkward silence at the table. I take a bite of my sandwich.

« Omg this feels so good. I was sooooo hungry! » I say breaking the ice.

« Babe, you're always hungry! » Shawn says and everyone laugh.

« That's true! You say that every hour of the day. » says Myla.

« Well I know, but it still feels good to eat. » I say with my eyes close and a smile.

« Good for you then! » says Shawn and giggles. He gives me a quick kiss ont my cheek. I look at him. He seems to realize what he just did. Everyone looks at us. He never kissed me in front of my friends, even just on the cheek.

« Awwwwwwwn.... you guys are cute. » says Hannah.

« Thanks. » I say and blush.

« So Shawn, were did you live before coming here? » asks Sara to change the subject.

« Pickering in Ontario. »

« Cool. My grand parents live there. It's beautiful! »

« Yeah. »

« Do you miss it sometimes? »

« Yes. All my friends are still there. And my hockey team was there too. »

« Ah. Yes I can imagine. »

« But it's fine. I'm starting to get used to live here. »

I squeeze his hand under the table. He smiles at me. And squeeze it back.

« Hey. .. umm. I don't know if you're interested but I was invited to Crystal's party this weekend and they told me to invite as much people as I could. Maybe we could all go together? » he says.

« WAIT! You got invited to CRYSTAL'S party???? How?? We never went to one of her party! » says Hannah.

« Mads has the same reaction when I told her. » he says back.

« Well of course we would like to come!! » says Myla and Sara.

« Did you guys just talk at the same time? »

« Yeah we do that a lot. » they answer back.

« Oh okay... »

I laugh at his reaction. He doesn't seem so sure about this.

« Omg I just got an idea! This weekend our parents are leaving, Aaliyah could go to a friend's house and we could have the house all to ourselves  after the party. You guys could all come sleep at our house!  » says Hannah.

I look at Shawn. The idea of sleeping in the same house of him without any parents home is... exciting? But stressful at the same time.

« That sounds like a good idea. But I don't know if my sister has a friend where she could sleep st their house. Or if she even feels confortable to do so. » says My boyfriend. I love to see him being all protective.

« Well, I'm sure she would have a great time with Laurel! I'll ask laurel and you can ask Aaliyah. If she doesn't want to, don't push her we'll find another solution! »

« Okay. Good idea. »

« This is gonna be so fun! » I say.

We talk for the rest of the lunch. Shawn talks a little bit with Cameron but mostly with the other girls. I can feel that he's still a little but uncomfortable with Cameron. I guess it's normal. You can't just go back to the way things were in just a conversation. I would like him to get close with his best friend like the way it was. I'm sure it would make both of them really happy.

After lunch, me and Shawn walk back to his locker to get his things.

« so what did you think of my friends? »

« They're nice. But I already knew half of them you know. » he says and giggles.

« Oh yeah that's right. »

« the only thing is... Myla and Sara... do they really talk at the same time like that? »

« Yeah! Always. »

« But... it's weird? Isn't it?» he says confuses.

« I know. » I say and we laugh.