24. Party

The week had gone by quickly and we were already the weekend. Aaliyah agreed to pass the night at our house with my sister. Shawn even said she was thrilled by the idea. Laurel seemed to like the idea too. Asking my parents was little bit more... stressful.

(The parts in italic are throwbacks)

« Mom? I need to ask you something.. » I say entering the kitchen where Morgan and my mom we're making dinner.

« Sure What? »

« Well I got invited to a party this weekend. I was wondering if I could go? And I would spend the night at Hannah's house after. »

« A party? You?? » says Morgan.

« Yes me! » I say and roll my eyes. I know I'm not normally the kind of girl to go to those kind of events so it's normal my sister is surprised. But I still get annoyed when she reacts that way.

« How many people are gonna be at this party? Well there be alcohol? And is an adult gonna be there? »

I knew the answers to those questions weren't the one she wanted me to say. But I'm tired of lying.

« I don't know how many people are going to be there. Yes there will be alcohol. And I don't think any adults are going to be there. »

« I don't like the idea of you going there when you have never took any alcohol and no adults there. »

« Mom I'll be fine. All my friends are going to be there. They'll keep an eye on me. »

« How? By being completely drunk too? »

« We won't be completely drunk! Plus at least one of us will have to be sober because we will take the car. I know we can be responsible."

My mom seems to reflect for a moment.

"Okay. Since you were honest with me I'll let you go. But you have to text me the more often you can please."

"THANK YOU!!" I say and hug her.

I then go sit in the living room and text my friends to tell them the good news. Morgan pass next to me.

"So.. Hannah's house huh?"

"Yes why?"

"Doesn't she has like.. a step brother or something?" She asks with a smirk. I blush. I don't know what to answer. I mean she's not wrong. She just laughs and leaves the room.

I shake that thought of my memory. The good thing is my mom accepted that I go to the party so that's where we're heading right now. Me, Shawn, Cameron, Hannah, Myla and Sara are walking towards the front door. A few people are outside and we hear music and people screaming from the inside. I get suddenly nervous. What am I doing here? I shouldn't be here. There's a reason I've never been invited to these kinds of events before right? So why am I even trying to get in?

I feel Shawn grabbing my hand. I look up to him and fake smile at him. I'm trying to be the more convincing possible but it doesn't seem to work because his face immediately shift mood.

"Hey. What's wrong?"

"Nothing.."

"Hey guys just go in we'll catch up Okay?" Says Shawn to the others. They nod and get in. Shawn turn around to face me. I look down.

"Mads. You can tell me." He says and put a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"It's just that... I don't think I fit in."