Chapter 2 : Orias

Marss was walking towards the back end of the castle when someone suddenly grabbed his shoulder.

"Excuse me, you are Marss, Princess Yang's personal butler, correct?" A blonde, well built male asked politely. He had blue eyes, pale complexion, and wore a tuxedo.

"Yes, may I help you?" Marss replied, gently grabbing the male's hand and lifting it off his shoulder.

"Forgive me, but I was calling you from across the hall for some time and you were not responding. I am Raphael Grace, the suitor who was late today? I was wondering if Princess Yang still had some time for us to meet? I have already spoken to her father, the King, about this." Raphael asked. Marss now turned to face him.

"May I ask, sir Raphael, why you were late?" Marss replied.

"My father, the newest board member of King Tai's rule, has fallen ill. Being that I am his only son and only family alive, I had to take care of him. I sent a notification, but it seems the king did not receive this." Raphael explained. Marss took a moment to think about this.

"I will see. Currently, I have a sparring session with General Leonard Orias planned."

"Oh, General Orias? I would like to observe, if it is alright with you. I planned to meet with Orias after my meeting with Princess Yang." Marss stared at him, questioningly.

"I do not mind." Marss finally replied.

---

As Marss walked onto the lower floor of the training gym, the area where sparring was held, Raphael noticed how every other sparring session that had initially been taking place upon their arrival all ceased and stepped off the large lowered level.

"Oh, here we go again." Raphael heard a pair whisper to themselves to his left. As he was turning to look at the training pair, he suddenly felt a presence enter the training hall. His eyes instantly snapped to his right, landing on a man who wore a black coat that looked ripped at the ends, a white shirt underneath, and black pants with no real design. His black hair and black eyes matched his outfit appropriately.

That man was General Leonard Orias, the strongest and most powerful general within Vale's army.

Instantly, Marss was on guard. Raphael could tell that much. His eyes were locked onto the general, his body turned diagonally. The small move was to make himself a smaller target.

"Ready, Marss?" Orias said as he extended his right arm, a plain sword appearing in his hand. The sword was a rapier, a thin sword meant for thrusting and quick, precise movements.

"Before we begin, I should inform you that if you do not meet my standards during our last training session, I will inform King Tai that you are not fit to go to Beacon with the princesses." Kris's declares.

A silver light suddenly enveloped Marss,  creating an aura of yellow lightning around himself. The aura then wrapped itself around him, a bright light suddenly extending from him and blinding the surrounding viewers. When the light disappeared, Marss was covered in a full body silver armor suit. Large, pointed shoulder plates extended from his shoulders, curving upward. Literally every part of Marss, besides his face for obvious reasons, was covered in silver armor.

Marss' Semblance: Marss' suit transforms into a silver plated knight's armor.

Description: Defensive Form. Full metal silver suit with high durability. Increases physical power at the cost of speed and maneuverability. Can charge through buildings if need be and if proper speed is acquired. Near immune to bullets. Though charging speed is high, actual movement and maneuverability are very low.

Can be manually turned off by saying the name of his deceased mother.

In addition, he can cast his armor onto anyone near him. The more armor suits created, the weaker the suits are.

---

Marss suddenly lunged forward at Orias, cracking the ground he had previous been standing on. Orias, inversely, stepped back, merely disturbing dust where he was before.  Marss' left fist rushed towards Orias as he leaped through the air, however Orias merely used his rapier to slam Marss' fist away. He then quickly thrusted his rapier forward, the blade colliding with Marss' armor and, shockingly, throwing him backward.

"Weak." Orias commented as Marss stood back up to his feet. Marss dashed forward once more, however Orias quickly disappeared from view. He had jumped over Marss in a moment of inhuman reaction. As he hung in the air for a moment, quickly heading toward the ground, he spun his body and slammed the rapier into Marss' armor-covered neck. The move, which seemed like merely a tap of his blade, violently launched Marss into the wall behind Raphael, just several feet away from the blonde suitor. Marss climbed out of the cracked wall, golden light consuming him once more.

The armor disappeared from view, with Marss standing and his original black suit and red tie equipped. Raphael thought Marss had finished his spar, however he was shocked when Marss suddenly dashed forward once more with his right fist pulling back in preparation for a punch. Orias countered by throwing his rapier at the fist, attempting to block the strike just as before.

Marss was suddenly bathed in a golden light once more, causing Orias' eyes to blink in protection. In that moment, Marss had equipped his silver armor once more. He had taken the armor off in order to increase his speed, then reequipped the armor in order to increase his strength.

In the slight moment Orias had blinked in, Marss' dash had thrown him closer than Orias had anticipated. This resulted in Marss landing directly underneath Orias, his body leaning towards the ground readying an enormous uppercut. Just as he was about to launch his body upward and slam into Orias, Orias disappeared.

Suddenly, four swift slashes aimed at precise points on Marss dealt enough damage to break his aura, thereby destroying his armor. The attacks happened faster than Marss could react. Marss fell forward, catching himself on one knee. The shock and sudden damage he had suffered surprised him. Orias had never managed to break his armor before, not even when Orias had used 50% of his strength.

Marss quickly turned to face Orias who had appeared behind him. Once more, Orias quickly appeared in front of him, three quick slashes rocking Marss' body. Of the three slashes, only the third broke past his remaining aura and opened up a large, diagonal wound which started from his right hip and made it's way up to his left shoulder.

Without thinking, Marss quickly lunged forward, attempting to activate his semblance once more. Golden light covered him, causing Orias' eyes to quickly close. However, the move was a feint as Marss landed a punch to Orias' face. He only had enough aura to fake an attempt at using his semblance then land one measly punch. The punch, however, was basically a slap. he held no power with his sudden move. Orias countered by disappearing from view once more.

"Enough." Orias said as he appeared several feet behind Marss, his back turned towards him. Marss turned to face him, a confused look on his face. He suddenly fell to his knees, the sharp pain of every slash hitting him all at once.

Orias' sword suddenly disappeared in a haze of black smoke.

"Go to Lissanna, then get packed." Orias said as he walked back towards the door he had come in from.

"You mean-" Marss started before Orias suddenly stopped. The action cut off Marss' voice, as he was surprised.

"Let me tell you this, Marss. I never had any say on whether you are ready or not. I will leave you with only one thing: Your emotions are a strong factor in how you fight. Control your emotions or you risk putting others in danger. And believe me, this will not be the first time." Orias said before disappearing through the door.