Chapter 6 : The Counter Attack

The Beringel swung it's arms, attempting to Yang into a nearby wall, the same wall it had been launched into earlier. Yang however merely jutted her right arm out, stopping the beast's arm in its tracks. She grabbed onto the beast's arm and threw the beast into the same wall before launching several more shotgun blasts at it. She had to hurry. At the rate she was using her semblance, her empowered state would only last another couple minutes. 

The beast suddenly lunged at her, something which caught her off guard. It quickly grabbed onto Yang, its hands large enough to wrap around her entire body. She found her herself lifted into the air, then suddenly plummeting. The ape smashed her into the ground before lifting her once more. The ape then swung her into the wall Yang had launched it into moments earlier. It followed up by smashing her further into the wall with it's fist. The ape then pulled its fist out of the wall, charging yet another punch. 

That was when Marss leaped at the beast, basically fully healed. He launched his fist into the ape's face, a shockwave exploding around him as his fist made contact. The beast was sent flying from the force of the impact. Marss quickly looked back towards the hole Yang had been shoved into. He eyes were met with an even brighter glow than previously as Yang effortlessly leaped out of the wall, unscathed. 

Her angry red eyes laid on him before instantly locking on to the Berginel several yards away. She basically growled before launching herself at the beast. She landed an insanely powerful right swing into the beast's head before following up with a left swing equally as powerful. The beast stumbled backwards before Yang suddenly jumped up, landing an even more powerful right punch to the beast's face once more, sending it crashing into the wall directly behind it. Yang then launched a flurry of blasts from Ember Celica before Marss came rushing past her. He quickly extended his right arm forward, slamming it into the beast and causing massive cracks in the wall extending outward from the source of the impact. 

Marss then jumped back, allowing for Yang's barrage to continue. The ape then leaped out, unfazed by her blasts and slammed its fist into Marss. Marss however was ready and, by stepping back with his right foot for an anchor and crossing his arms in front of him, fully blocked the beast's strike. However, the beast's strike was powerful enough to crack the ground underneath Marss. Yang leaped at the ape, throwing a hard left punch into the beast's face once more. However, this punch held less of an effect than her previous strikes. The beast merely glared angrily at her before retracting its fist and swinging its arm toward her. Marss took this as an opportunity to charge forward and tackle the beast, but his tackle merely caused him to hug the beringel. 

The ape quickly grabbed him before raising him into the air and throwing him into the ground, a decent sized crater being made from the impact. Yang leaped at the ape once more, only to be launched backwards by the ape's sudden right jab. 

"It's definitely getting stronger as we hit it." Marss thought to himself as he tried picking himself up off the floor. The ape snapped it's head towards him as it heard the movement and attempted to stomp him once more. However, Marss was quicker than last time and dashed out of the way of the beast's foot. The ground shook as the beast's foot slammed into the ground. 

Marss was going to jump forward, to engage the best in combat in order to give Yang time to recover when the beast was suddenly attacked from behind. A black sword suddenly appeared next to Marss, sticking itself into the ground. Without warning, Blake appeared next to him. She grabbed her sword, releasing it from the ground. 

"Miss Belladonna." Marss greeted. "Be careful of this beast. It gets stronger the more you hit it."

As if on cue, an explosion suddenly occurred in the direction Yang had been launched into. The debris that had been covering her was suddenly launched in every direction as Yang angrily stomped towards the beast. 

The ape roared in response, beating it's chest once more. 

"Here we go." Marss said as he leaned forward. 

---

Ruby dashed through the streets, towards the palace. The streets were devoid of life, something that never happened. 

Something was definitely wrong. 

She sighed as she reached the castle walls. She had stopped at Beacon to grab her scythe just in case she needed it. The castle walls opened up and she was greeted by several generals making their way out of the castle while accompanied by several troops of Vale soldiers.

 "Priness Ruby. It is quite a surprise to see you here." The leading general, general Raymond Halt greeted. 

"What's happening? There's a monster attacking the Vale Mall, why isn't anyone heading there?" 

"We have more serious problems ahead, but several huntsmen and huntresses should already have made their way there. Have they not arrived?" 

"No, they haven't!" 

"Then something is wrong indeed. This cannot be a coincidence." Raymond said. 

"What? What do you mean?" Ruby asked. The general then gave her a very serious look. 

"The Red Lightning Clan has an army outside of Vale's walls. No moves are being made by them as of right now. We're heading out there now to see what they want." 

---

Marss slammed a massive punch into the beast's head, causing the beat's head to tilt. Blake then appeared, spinning herself in mid air and landing several slashes to the beast's face in the hopes of blinding it. The beast roared, swinging its arms and hands wildly in front of it in an attempt to swat her away. Blake landed effortlessly near its feet before dashing away. Yang then took the opportunity to slam the beast's body with a powerful punch, sending the beast flying. 

"We're not getting anywhere." Blake commented as the three stood next to each other, watching the beast slowly climb back up to its feet. 

"We need a strike powerful enough to kill this monster." Marss said as he stepped forward. He glanced at Yang, hoping she knew what he meant. 

"It's suicide, Marss. Don't you remember what happened last time you tried that?" Yang asked, turning to face him. Blake glanced at the two of them. Yang had turned her back to the beast, indicating that she thought Marss' idea was a greater threat than the beast behind her. 

"It's the only thing I can think of right now." Marss said as he took  step towards the beast. Yang stepped in front of him, placing a hand on his chest preventing him from walking forward. 

"It's suicide." She repeated. 

"I've lived a good enough life, Miss Yang. If I remember correctly, I am now your bodyguard. As such it is my duty to make sure you live. Now, please," Marss began as he placed his hand on her shoulder before gently moving her out of his way. 

"Let me do my job." Marss said as the beast finally reached it's standing form. Marss charged the ape, earning a counter charge from the beast. When their bodies collided, a large shock wave of exploded around them, launching the dust and some debris around them in a circular fashion. 

Blake noticed that Yang suddenly deactivated her semblance before sighing. 

"Be ready." Yang said suddenly. 

"In case he needs our help." She followed up.