Chapter 10 : Marss

Yang sat in her Grimm Studies class, twirling a pencil around her fingers. The class' instructor, a man named Dr.Damien Dhark, was giving tips on the exam in three weeks. 

An entire week had passed since Marss was engulfed in the dark cloud. During that week, the Red Lightning Clan had supposedly gone underground. Their forces were forced to retreat from the wall when Marss had killed the ape. 

Yang suddenly snapped the pencil in her fingers, surprising the other students and catching the attention of the instructor. 

"Princess Yang, is there something you would like to share?" Dr.Dhark asked. Yang suddenly stood up from her chair and walked out, her eyes wide as she did. 

When she reached the hallway, she confirmed her unease. She was suddenly engulfed in a bright, silver light. When the light disappeared, Marss' silver armor appeared on her. She glanced down at herself, shocked. 

Usually, she was only allowed to use Marss' semblance if he allowed. There was, however, an unspoken agreement. It was if the two souls communicated without speaking. 

It was also how Marss used Yang's semblance. Because she allowed it. However, Yang had just used Marss' semblance without the permission of his soul. The last time she had seen Marss, he was unconscious in the hospital room still engulfed by the cloud. 

And yet she had used his semblance.  

It was when a rush of energy suddenly entered her body when she understood. 

---

Aura Sharing Rule #5 : When one partner dies, their aura total is also transferred over. 

---

Yang's eyes widened once more as her head instinctively  turned towards the hospital. 

---

Orias was waiting for her outside of the hospital. Yang froze in her tracks as she saw the scene in front of her. Marss' room was in the far left of the hospital, on the second floor. 

The same section of the hospital that had been blown open by a blast of some sorts. Her lilac eyes darted from the blasted building back to Orias. He met her gaze before shaking his head.

"What... What happened?" Yang asked, almost desperately.  

"The cloud exploded, killing three nurses and two patients." Orias calmly replied. 

"And Marss?" Yang asked, in an even more desperate tone. 

Orias responded by looking at the ground and shaking his head. 

"You're aura shared with him. You should know by now." Orias replied. 

"Marss was killed by the explosion." 

---

-Three Months Later-

Yang's lilac eyes glanced around her, constantly scanning the darkness for any sign of movement. When she confirmed that nothing had changed, she tapped the small ear piece in her left ear. 

"All clear on the South side." She said quietly. 

"Clear on the North." Blake's voice replied through the ear piece. 

"The West is all clear guys." Ruby said quickly. 

"Same for the East." Weiss Schnee, the princess of Atlas, curtly said. She had joined their team two weeks after Marss' death, a replacement. Yang recalled how livid she was when her father had paid her a personal visit to introduce Weiss. She believed that they didn't need a replacement, something that would tarnish Marss' name and memory.