Two.

Chapter two: Narco narcotics 

Santiago explained the purpose of the mission and all she could think about was how she'd see his face again; William. It had been six whole years since she cut all of the men off and his loss had been the worst of all. She recalls crushing her Nokia phone under the sole of her shoe after the final time William rang her in hopes to hear her cruel-laced words again. The last thing she wanted to do was be placed in a room with the boys, for they'd only rip her apart and interrogate her.

Pope knew she was anxious, however, the strong woman denied all allegations and kept a smug pout. The thought of dying out in the jungle whilst chasing the ghosts of Narcos didn't terrify her, but what did scare her was the possibility of leaving her little brother alone without a shoulder to cry on. He'd be an orphan with nobody to blame but the world and with his coping habits, he'd resort to old ways and in a matter of days, he'd be a decaying body in a downward spiral with cocaine and heroin on his fingertips. 

"Benny's fight is tonight, so if you're planning on joining us, feel free." Santiago pushed himself away from the bar. "And if you do, we leave tomorrow."

As Pope moved past the people who stood in his way, Margo hesitated, contemplating her actions before she followed him outside. When she pushed the door and felt the cool breeze of the city's air nip her skin, she scoffed as she saw him leaning against his jeep.

"See? I knew you couldn't refuse."

"I'm in, man." Margo's voice was firm but her eyes showed concern, not for herself, but for Matthew. "How can I break it to him? Everyone he's ever loved has left him and I can't leave without telling him."

"Then I'll come with you and we'll tell him together."

                                                                                                ***

When the front door opened, Matthew jumped up from his sleeping position on the couch and groggily, he sighed as his sister came into view with a stranger behind her. Immediately, he thought of the worst and his eyes squinted, sizing the smaller man within arm's reach, debating whether or not to lunge at the threat.

"It's okay, son. I'm a friend of your sisters."

"They all say that." Matthew growled.

"Hey!" Margo glared, punching the boy's arm. "Stop making me sound like a sleazy whore. We both know nobody will ever be good enough for me."

Pope drily laughed before it wavered, sending a look of acknowledgement to the twenty five year old woman. "Should you tell him or will I?"

"Tell me what?" Matthew glared at him. "I don't even know you and you have to tell me something? Margo, who is he? What's he talking about?"

Margo sighed, pulling her lips into a tight frown. "Matty, I have to go out on business for a week."

"I can't stop you from leaving town, Margo." Matthew began, his voice betraying him with disappointment. "Just tell me straight. Will you be coming home?"

She looked to Pope and his head fell. "I can't guarantee anything, but do believe me when I say that I'm going to try my best."

"The bills have to be paid for by the end of this week!"

"I've got you covered for the next two." Pope pulled a lump of cash out of his pocket, bringing surprise to both of the Hargroves.