Five.

Chapter five: Angel in disguise

Night had fallen and the team assembled in their hotel that was in the form of a wooden shack that held at most, five bedrooms, each with their own bathroom, kitchen and a reception. It looked unsturdy and unclean, however, they didn't come for a relaxing, pampering holiday, so, they had to suck it up and be thankful that they hadn't died yet.

Pope assigned the bedrooms, coming to terms with the fact it was unsafe for them to be apart, even during slumber. Thankfully, he allocated Margo to a shared room with Catfish, much to the Millers' demise. 

In their hotel room, Margo had a shower whilst the men waited for her at the bar. She watched the grime on her skin drip down the drain and she panted, breathless due to the immense heat and the squeezing of her tendons. Their workout today was progress, yet it was more demanding than she remembered. She hadn't pushed her body this far in years but she'd have to get used to it. They'd be here for an estimate of six days and she'd have to fight through the pain and remind herself as to why they were here, no set backs.

With her head rested against the shower's tiled wall, she closed her eyes as the water trickled down her tanned body, cascading in drops down the gully. Her thick lashes fluttered, water hitting her lip and she wiped her face, trying to get rid of the everlasting memories of how good it felt to not only be on Ben's lap, but to be in William's grip.

She knew how it went; how betrayal worked and how it felt for all parties involved. It wasn't like she was cheating on anybody but she didn't want to be thought of as someone who played piggy in the middle, tossing and turning between people to see who'd breach the breaking point to win her over, and when he did, the other would become injured. She didn't care for people, but when it's two people she did keep in mind, in particular, brothers, she didn't wanna be the cause of a fallout.

Sighing, her stomach churned as she enjoyed the attention. She had to be heartless, she told herself. Caring only gets you killed. She had to keep up with her cruel demeanour in hopes to truly feel that way, fooling herself to fit the image of a villain. Though she loved how all eyes were on her, the two boys watching her every move, ready to jump at her defence, sweep her off her feet and carry her into the sunset, she'd much rather be the one to save herself. She wanted men to be in the mix but they wouldn't be the most important thing in her life.

Objects. That's all they were to her. When she got a day's use out of them, she'd toss them aside like trash until she'd get what she wanted elsewhere. Vixen; a sexually attractive, angry, unpleasant woman. That's all she was and she'd admit it. It's the truth and she didn't care. They might've fought alongside her but they certainly didn't dictate her feelings so from now on, whatever happens, happens. She wasn't in control of fate and for once in her life, she'd stand back and wait for them to flock round her and prove their loyalty. If it was alright for men to do that to women, why couldn't she do the same?

Lost for time, Margo turned the knob, watching the rain of water halt from the shower head. Cautiously, she stepped out of the shower, dried herself, dried her hair and braided it loosely and then, she put the bare minimum of makeup on her face and slipped on a yellow, mid-thigh length sundress, completed by wedged sandals. For an assassin, she looked like an angel.

 When she emerged, swaying her hips and subtly flaunting her braless breasts through the fabric, her white teeth flashed the men a smile, knowing damn well the brothers couldn't take their eyes off her. She'd developed into a woman since the last time they saw her and how, did she prove it.

"Good evening, gentlemen." Margo patted Frankie on the shoulder before pulling a chair out to sit across from Ben.

"Took you long enough." Tom snorted. "You've been gone for an hour. We were going to send a search party to find you."