Ten.

Chapter ten: Take me home

The journey was at least an hour long and in that amount of time, nobody dared to open their mouths to breathe a word about their harrowing experiences in Lorea's drug den. Of course, they were happy that they were able to make it out of the house alive with a few millions to spare, but now the tricky part lay ahead; escaping Brazil and its treacherous jungle.

When they pulled off the main road and down what appeared to be an old aircraft hanger with a tarmac runway, Margo's eyes squinted as two figures came into view. Upon piling out of the vehicle, she spotted the woman and a younger looking boy and presumed it was Pope's apparent girlfriend. They leaned against the bottom of the car, the boot opened to receive her end of the bargain. Margo had to admit, she was impressed by the woman's bravery.

"Your girlfriend's here." Frankie spoke to Pope who'd already taken himself off in her direction.

Margo giggled and helped him open the back doors of the van to retrieve two bags of cash to place in a pile on the runway. "At least I listen to you."

"I appreciate that, Margie." Catfish patted her in the shoulder before they parted ways.

As Margo struggled to carry the two bags, each weighing what felt to be a tonne, she heard fast steps behind her and she grunted, watching as Ben took the cash away from her and flung them to the ground along the rest of them.

"What? Don't I get a 'thank you'?"

By this stage, Margo had already turned on her heels to walk away, though she was brought to a halt when Ben jogged in front of her and stood still.

"Thank you."

Ben cocked his head, frowning. "What's up, buttercup?"

"Leave me alone." She tried to shove past him.

He grabbed her wrist, holding her in place. Her evil eyes made him scoff. "On this damn mission I have worked my ass off to protect you. The least you could do is talk to me."

"I have nothing to say to you." She growled through gritted teeth. "Stay away from me."

From afar, Catfish watched with narrow eyes as he continued to place the bags down. Ben noticed Frankie stepping closer, ready to intervene between their spat and he contemplated whether or not to comply with her wishes before Frankie got involved, but his final decision was that he wasn't willing to give up on her. He always got what he wanted and although she was far from the average, easy woman, she was challenge but for her, he'd wait forever.

"Look, Margo. I know you're having a rough time-"

"You don't know shit."

Ben breathed heavily through his chapped lips and felt the urge to rip his hat from his head and throw it across the ground with irritation. "I know you're having a rough time but I need to know where we stand."

"On the runway?"

"Nice one, smart ass." Ben drily laughed, his eyes grazing over Catfish who kept staring back at him with uncertainty. "You know what I mean."

Margo tried to brush past him once more. "We have to keep moving."

"C'mon, baby. It takes one second out of your time."

"My time is very valuable." Margo sneered, wondering why she felt the need to be annoyed with him while he only tried to help. "And why can't I help but feel as though you only asked me to be yours in case your brother did before you?"