Twenty two.

Chapter twenty two: Matrimony

"As in the coke king?" Matthew spluttered an unbelieving laugh. "That's not possible."

Sighing. "Not anymore. We put a bullet into his skull and let his house crumble to a pile of ash with his body inside."

"Don't be ridiculous. You don't have the heart to kill anybody."

Margo leaned against the railing and saw Ben itching towards the door with a beer in his hand and stress lines on his forehead in confusion. "You don't know what I'm capable of, Matty. But now, I have to go. I love you, baby bro."

"I love you too, Margie." Matthew's voice reeked with uncertainty. He was clearly afraid of losing his sister due to unknown circumstances and as well as that, the activities she'd partaken in during her time abroad. "Please come home."

"With any luck, I'll be home in a day or two." When the door squeaked open to reveal Ben, she soon wrapped up the conversation with a heavy heart. "Stay out of trouble, kid."

When she ended the call with tears, Ben sighed and pulled her into his arms. She tried to push back in order to grieve for the future alone but he only held on tighter, whispering sweet nothings to coax her back to reality. They were going home and she would see him soon.

"Baby, baby, hey." Ben rocked the pair back and forth. "You'll be home in no time. We've just gotta make a quick stop to the legal team to process the money and we'll be on our way again."

Margo looked to him with bloodshot eyes from both the crying and alcohol intake. "It's not just that." She spoke with a trembling lip. "I killed Tom. It should've been me!"

Ben froze at the sudden mention of his name and he chose his words carefully. "I'm glad it wasn't."

"How can you say that?" Margo was baffled and her tone and widened eyes emphasised the shocking statement. "He's known you for seventeen years and I've known you for a minute compared to him. Plus, I left you all and he stayed. How is that fair? It should've been me! I deserve it, Ben. I'm a-"

Ben shut her up with a kiss. He could taste the salty twang of her tears and absentmindedly, he released some as well and as they both moved their lips against each other, their tears recognised each other from heart-broken encounters prior and sank into their skin to mark their everlasting territory. After nights of crying themselves to sleep, mourning the loss of both money and a friend, intense physical endurance, high to low altitudes and fiery spats, they deserved the syncing of their hearts. 

They deserved a love so enthralling and the millions of dollars to keep them pampered in a life of luxury. But the question was, is she willing to sign herself up for a life of commitment when she still held feelings for William? Or was she always going to have feelings for her brother but know it was best that they weren't together anymore? Who was she in love with? Or was she in love at all?

While kissing Ben and feeling his hand grip her thigh, she moaned and granted his tongue access into her mouth, and yet, through the sparks that flew wildly with their connection, she couldn't help but think back to William and how he kissed her as though his life depended on it because he could see it; how they were destined to be together but she chose the wrong brother and maybe, just maybe, the kiss she shared with him made her heart tug in his direction, because after all, history tends to repeat itself.

She felt exceedingly accountable for the lives she'd ruin yet again if she decided to run away. It was for the best; to run away from her problems, without a trace so nobody would be able to find her. Eventually, they'd forget she ever existed and get on with their day to day lives without the memory of the heartbreak she caused to all those who ever got close to her. But then again, nobody ever paid heed to her, why should she show mercy to others?