otp and skates - part 7 (11)

Gerard was sitting on the couch, his razor blades on and his '80s-cool-boi glasses on, because he could.

Today was a special day. Today, Nickelodeon was playing all the Spongebob everything and Gerard was super hype. Spongebob was his FAVORITE show. He dressed up for the occasion because he felt as if he needed to.

Frank ran down the stairs. “GEARD, I– Wtf are you wearing?”

“Shut up, you uncultured swine! Sit down.” He patted the seat next to him. He whispered, “Spongebob is about to come on.”

“Oh no,” Frank sighed, sitting down “It's THAT day.”

“He he he. Yeah.”

Spongeboob was starting–the first episode–but then Bob showed up. You knows where Ray and Mikey went. Probably worshipping Jesus like good, wholesome bois.

Bob said to himself, “I them.” Gerard heard and turned around.

“What? What do you mean?”

Frank turned around, too.

“Spongebob and Squidward. That's my OTP.” Bob seemed absolutely serious.

“Wait,” Gerard said slowly. “So YOU'RE that creepy guy that writes that Spongebob X Squidward fan-fiction that keeps popping up in my feed!”

Bob just stood there, kinda sweating.

Frank looked over at Gerard. “So...did you read them?”

“God never said I didn't...” Gerard looked back up. Bobert Flyer had dashed away.

“Ya know,” Frank began. “I can kinda see it.”

Gerard looked at him. “No. No, we're not doing this. I'm not arguing.”

“It's not my fault that you can't see Squidward and Spongebob's love for–”

Gerard grabbed Frank's collar. “Listen here, BUB. If you actually knew ANYTHING about the late '90s, early 2000s show Spongebob SquarePants, you would know that Spongebob and PATRICK should be together. Not SQUIDWARD, you SWINE. Spongebob and Patrick share so much more time together and it's OBVIOUS that they are both gay and LOVE each other. So unless you want me to beat you senseless, I suggest you never say ANYTHING like that to my face again, or I will choke you so hard that you will end up on Pluto and no one will know how.”

Frank just sat there. “Uh, yeah. Okay.”

Gerard let go of him. “Now, if you don't mind, I'm trying to enjoy my show.”

Frank slowly walked back up the stairs. He walked into Ray's room, who's door was open. (Brendon would not be proud.)

“Guys.” Frank opened the door a little more. “I think that Gerard–”

Ray and Mikey we're sitting on the floor, holding hands, with candles surrounding them.

“W-Wft did I just walk in on?”

Ray looked at him with a blank expression. “I suggest you leave right now.” Frank slowly closed the door very, very slowly.

Frank questioned his sanity and then cried himself to sleep again.